Sydney NYE

I'm trying to find some good accommodation for NYE in Sydney this year. Essentially want the room to watch the fireworks, so I would assume something along the harbour is necessary. Does anyone have any suggestions towards where to stay?

So far I've come across the Bayview Boulevard which has a two night minimum of $895 per night.

Views are top priority, with obviously the hotel and room being decent for the price you pay. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance guys.

Bayview Boulevard is too far awayYou need to be east of the bridge and facing the bridge. I'd say a room up high in the Quay Grand would be pretty good. It will be more than $895, though.

Yep. The good spots get booked out a couple of years in advance.

The Shangri la is a great spot. Not a great bridge view, but right in the thick of things. You might not get a room with a harbour view this late, but it has a roof top bar and restaurant. You might still get a booking for a meal + fireworks there. I'm guessing it might be $400 or so per person.

You could try a Harbour Cruise, take some cheaper accommodation and book on a cruise with the savings.

Usually a nice meal and a great view is expected. Go for an upmarket one to avoid the yobbos though :(

Plenty places:
Park Hyatt
Four seasons
Renaissance/Marriott Hotel
Intercontinental

If views are "top priority" you wont get much scrounging for a few bux and that price is on the budget side.

Back