Tamworth

High housing commission area and close to Coledale. Not close to town and a long way from the more appealing estates. Wouldn't dream of investing around this area.

What streets belong to Coledale? I'm curious about this because Tamworth is one of the towns I'm looking to invest in

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was considering looking at this property if anyone knows if this is a good street? I've bought in some hell holes before and they've been great investments(touch wood). its harder to burn down a strata unit in the middle of the complex :p but I've been wrong before.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-tamworth-116969135

I own a place just round the corner, i'd say and the neighbors say it is a good street, although it has been tough finding a tennant atm. Keep in mind the lower parts of Petra Ave has a large amount of HC.

Previously looked at a few houses in Coledale above Macgregor St but below the Oxley Hwy, area seemed okay with rental returns at perhaps 7-8%

Last edited:
Agents charge more to manage properties around the feral areas. 11% from memory.

High rates of turn over which means you're higher rent isn't really higher as there are a lot of associated fees.

I went there and ran the numbers after hearing Mr Birchs grand stories of phenomenal returns on a property there that nobody else wanted to buy (touting 20% returns from memory) and realised it was a waste of time in that part of town. Smoke and mirrors.

There are nicer, more stable areas in Tamworth which warrant more attention.

I really like Tamworth, there is a lot of wealth there, prefer it much more than Wagga Wagga.

I grew up roaming the streets of South Tamworth, incl Petra ave, never had any trouble. But we were wild country kids, just never went out to hurt anyone.

I believe it's different now.

Coledale seems to be predominantly occupied by people of aboriginal or islander descent.
At least that is what we hear from locals and can see driving around there again!

Im not sure if that (demographiocs of Coledale) is true or even if that is the root cause of problems in Coledale, but it's a place that even my aboriginal friend from Quirindi told me he is scared of and will never go there.

As many have said already, there are many other places to invest more safely in Tamworth.

Dont look at price only.;)

Back