Tax deductions for SMSF investment property

I am new to SMSF. I've read somewhere that we can also claim depreciation for SMSF investment property so this could reduce the SMSF tax considerably. I just wonder if anyone can confirm if this is ture? How about the rental expenses? Can we get tax deductions for rental expenses as what we can for normal investment properties?

Thanks,

Patrick

Wow that does sounds good to use our Super fund to get IP and then negative gear it while avoiding tax :)

I'm interested to know more about this.

I also have a question with SMSF, I had an investmetn in SMSF and prepaid interest for 3 years, Can I claim the deduction for the full amount in one year . I know It can be claimed if investment under personal name but not sure with SMSF
thanks a lot for all feedback

I also have a question with SMSF, I had an investmetn in SMSF and prepaid interest for 3 years, Can I claim the deduction for the full amount in one year . I know It can be claimed if investment under personal name but not sure with SMSF
thanks a lot for all feedback

My understanding is that a SMSF cannot claim interest prepayment. Only small business and individuals can claim an immediate deduction when they prepay up to 12 months of interest.

Back