technical help with firefox

currently use firefox v. 3.5.2 and having a bit of trouble over a couple of issues. Maybe someone on this board could help.

1) I use minimize to tray 1.5. However, once minimized to tray i can't right click on the tray icon. I like the option of right clicking as you can choose to restore, exit, options, etc. Currently, once minimized, I have to double click icon to maximize browser then choose from navigational bars to do something like exit. Is there a way around this

2) When I shut down my computer whilst firefox is still running it always comes up as an error saying cannot close firefox. So I have to wait for the 'end now' error message to pop up. Is there a way to automatically force exit firefox when shuting down windows XP. What I would like to achieve is just click shutdown and all programs (including firefox) will be exited and computer shuts down automatically.

I frequent a web site called Whirlpool.
I think that would be the absolute best place to ask for help with FF
I myself have been helped a number of times with computer questions.
Here is the web address
www.whirlpool.net.au

Hope they can help you!

MM

2) When I shut down my computer whilst firefox is still running it always comes up as an error saying cannot close firefox. So I have to wait for the 'end now' error message to pop up. Is there a way to automatically force exit firefox when shuting down windows XP. What I would like to achieve is just click shutdown and all programs (including firefox) will be exited and computer shuts down automatically.

I'd recommend against this. The proper way to do it is to manually close all programs you're using and shutdown the computer. There are many processes that run in the background, and by shutting it down this way it may corrupt files that your programs use to properly run. It's like pressing the on/off button on your computer and expecting the operating system to shut down without issues (It always shuts down, but in many cases starting it again shows issues)

whirlpool is an excellent forum, they might be able to help you.

firefox crashes EVEYRTIME i use paypal.

or just freezes.

i thought it was meant to be more reliable!

that said, i haven't had a virus in forever...

I frequent a web site called Whirlpool.
I think that would be the absolute best place to ask for help with FF
I myself have been helped a number of times with computer questions.
Here is the web address
www.whirlpool.net.au

Hope they can help you!

MM

whirlpool is a great site I use it for a lot of things

firefox crashes EVEYRTIME i use paypal.

or just freezes.

i thought it was meant to be more reliable!

that said, i haven't had a virus in forever...

mine use to crash all the time too but since the latest update its been fine
if that doesnt help you could always serch here http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-new...le=en-US&style_mode=inproduct&q=crashing+&sa=

Firefox for me too and it is perfect. I run it on Ubuntu. No virii problems for me and no bloatware and crud like that slowing my computer down.

But, if you are running Windoze, then i do strongly recommend you shut down your apps manually and then shut down your computer.

Thanks

g

currently use firefox v. 3.5.2 and having a bit of trouble over a couple of issues. Maybe someone on this board could help.

1) I use minimize to tray 1.5. However, once minimized to tray i can't right click on the tray icon. I like the option of right clicking as you can choose to restore, exit, options, etc. Currently, once minimized, I have to double click icon to maximize browser then choose from navigational bars to do something like exit. Is there a way around this

If your having problems with firefox uninstall it and then re-install it this will solve 99% of problems. Start > Control Panel > Add Remove Programs

If you haven't tried Google Chrome yet, do it. It is far and away the best browser on the market its quicker and the best designed browser I have ever used. The only issue is it doesnt work in ubuntu yet

Back