Tenant refuses to pay any more rent!

I reckon its time for a landlords website with a database of crap tenants (TICA is only for agents I believe). Time to find a way to identify the people who rob us (thats what it is) and deal with them...since facebook, this is much more fun.

Yes, I know there are laws.... funny how they only work for the tenant though.

Tica is for private landlords as well. We use it all the time. has come in handy. there is a yearly fee of about $22 I think and approx $14 -$15 per enquiry depending on how many you purchase at a time or you maybe able to do the yearly thing but you would only do that if you had a lot to do. Well worth the money I think alot more people are using it. Its has stopped some of our bad tenants get places.

If you have their full names, you can check the 5+ year old copies of the electoral roll held by the National Library, which are free to peruse.

I believe that the present federal government has blocked that access.

You can now check your own enrolment but you must give exact details of previous address etc. Or you can lodge an objection to a name being on the roll. Cannot access any address or other details regarding that name.

Absconding tenants are usually living in a suburb close by or will return to one close by soon, and have friends who watch the previous address for developments and mail.

Debt collectors find them., or they find the debt collector after credit is refused.

I believe that the present federal government has blocked that access.

You can now check your own enrolment but you must give exact details of previous address etc. Or you can lodge an objection to a name being on the roll. Cannot access any address or other details regarding that name.

Absconding tenants are usually living in a suburb close by or will return to one close by soon, and have friends who watch the previous address for developments and mail.

Debt collectors find them., or they find the debt collector after credit is refused.

Nope, I used it for something last week. You can't view the roll as held by the AEC, but the NL has older declassified copies.

I reckon its time for a landlords website with a database of crap tenants (TICA is only for agents I believe). Time to find a way to identify the people who rob us (thats what it is) and deal with them...since facebook, this is much more fun.

Yes, I know there are laws.... funny how they only work for the tenant though.

Host it OS...?

Hi - just wanted to give everybody who took the trouble to reply a bit of an update.

The old non-paying tenants have moved out and signed over the bond to me. Fortunately there was no damage and they did clean (in a fashion....)

Within a week I have new tenants who have moved in immediately. I met them yesterday when I called round at their request to remove a wall mounted TV they didn't require - and I have to say that they seem a considerable improvement on the previous ones!

So it all worked out OK in the end. Thanks for all the advice.

JB

Back