Terry Ryder's thoughts on Brisbane

I hope he's right about Ipswich .... It's been a long while since any growth has occurred.

I'm just waiting for a decent period of growth and then I'm selling both of ours, ..... the council/utility/insurance charges up there are killers. What should be a comfortable cash flow positive investment is eroded away in holding costs.

Mystery ... :(

After Logan ... Ipswich ??

Hi Mystery

Am sure you're looking forward to some decent growth in your Ipswich properties.

Did the market tank after your purchases ? What are the yields like ?

With Logan prices up and away, I was advised that there's good buying in the Ipswich area with growth to follow. Am sure you've been following the market there, any thoughts ?

what happened to all the Brisbane threads? its gotten a bit quiet :( unless people are too busy buying?

I think those who haven't bought are busy ....

We're maxed out and watching the capital growth from the sideline , which has been very nice in the last year :D:cool:

Prices haven't hit the ceiling . In many places they're only back to 2009 .

A way to go yet . Last cycle Logan peaked above mt Druitt which is now around 300 and still moving .

Cliff

Prices have reached their ceiling and people are looking elsewhere. Adelaide might be the one to watch now?

Prices are yet to move much in many parts of the greater Brisbane metropolitan area and still below previous peaks, so I don't see how it has already hit a ceiling.

We bought another splitter block on Saturday. Estimate about $150k in at first glance. This one had been on the market for a while, greedy vendor or over promising agent first. Actually presented an unconditional offer 6 weeks ago before the property went on the market that was priced higher, was cash unconditional and short settlement. Now lower price, long settlement and long due diligence.

Hi Mystery

Am sure you're looking forward to some decent growth in your Ipswich properties.

Did the market tank after your purchases ? What are the yields like ?

With Logan prices up and away, I was advised that there's good buying in the Ipswich area with growth to follow. Am sure you've been following the market there, any thoughts ?
Hi Cherry Pro, ..... We bought in 2007, .... prices are only now getting back to those levels in the area. We have managed to create around $180k equity by doing the dual occ development and the reno of the original house and have a rental yield around 8.5%.

If we can get a couple of years of decent growth we will probably sell and buy closer to home. The holding costs and development charges in Qld are much to high compared to other states.

I'm not really watching the market up there .... I have an occasional chat to a local R/E agent friend who keeps me informed about what's going on.

Mystery

We bought another splitter block on Saturday. Estimate about $150k in at first glance. This one had been on the market for a while, greedy vendor or over promising agent first. Actually presented an unconditional offer 6 weeks ago before the property went on the market that was priced higher, was cash unconditional and short settlement. Now lower price, long settlement and long due diligence.

Care to share the link?

So what are you saying, do you think it has started to cool off in Brisbane?

Hi Mystery

You're right - the prices are now back to 2007 levels, your rental yields at 8.5% looks decent enough :)

Am sure we will see some decent growth this cycle as investors move to the Ipswich area. Yields of around 7.5% are quite easily available in today's market.

Back