The Abolishment of the Negative Gearing Debate

Agreed Dazz. Not even for $300,000 these days and people expect you to be on call with the Blackberry and coming in on weekends.

Marc,

Just wanted to note, that any employer willing to hand over 300K pa to some plonker, usually expects at least one testic1e and 18 to 20 hours of their attention every day.

It's rare that a job commanding that salary is a cruisy doddle.

I should clarify; the cruisey doddle refers to their amount of cash they have in the skyrocket at the end of each week.

What would it be?; about $150k or so; about $3k or so per week nett worst case?

Of course; 99 people out of 100 will expand the lifestyle to fit the nett wage; some folk say they are not in it for the money, but hey.....

$2000 suit instead of maybe a $500 plonker from Myers, or a Beemer 5 series (new) instead of yer 5 year old Falcon...you get the idea.

Not many would stick to living their life pretending they are still on the disgustingly cr@p average income of $60k per year and invest the rest on an ordinary IP in an oridinary suburb every year.

I think if I was in that boat I could manage to buy a few IP's blindfolded and not lose a wink of sleep or need my hand held..

Last edited:
New Q7 to carry the kids. Something sporty for him.

Overseas ski trips twice a year with kids and Nanny in tow.

Grammar school for the kids.

Handmade furniture.

5 bedroom house in a prestige suburb with pool. Big deck for entertaining (catered by sustainable fish restaurant).

Full wine cellar.

Cleaner. Lawn man. Baby sitter. Swimming instructor. French Tutor. Piano teacher. Physiotherapist. Hairdresser. Drycleaner. Vet. Harmon kardon system installer. Mechanic. Financial advisor. Accountant.

That ought to blow your 3k.

ummmmmmmmmm

ya forget the first and biggest expense......I will leave u to work it out.

if you actually add up all your plans here you will need mum AND dad on 300 k AND some Family allowance.

I have a bunch of clients on more than 300 k a year,and while most do "ok" the quality of life isnt what youd expect. Many of them dont have a life outside of what provides that income = golden handcuffs.

ta
rolf

Back