The annual BIG BBQ is BACK, featuring Steve Navra - November 2005

The annual BIG BBQ is on once more in Canberra this coming November.

We've pushed it a little later this year so that the interstate visitors can enjoy sunny Canberra in late spring.

The Big BBQ, for those unfamiliar with it, is an annual gathering for investors from around Australia.

This year the featured speaker will be Steve Navra, who will be providing a talk on shares as an integral part of an overall investment strategy.

If you're interested in attending the Big BBQ, please RSVP in this thread or to me

Date/Time: Saturday 19 November from midday
Maximum attendees: 80
Indicative cost: $5 for CRIN members, $10 for non-members, plus cost of your meal
Please RSVP to: Aceyducey

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Last edited:
Late spring?

Canberra's late spring is similar to London in February!! Cold and blowy. Im sure however the investment members are warm at heart. Might have to miss this one, but if the pilot training goes well, next year I may fly down from Coffs.

Good Luck, hope all goes well.

DD1

DD1,

Clearly you've not been in Canberra for a long time to hold that view!

Early Spring is blowy (great for kites) and mid-teens, but by late spring you're looking at 25C clear days. And everything is green with most water restrictions off due to excellent rainfalls that broke the drought.

The event's coming up soon & a couple of people have been asking which Southern Cross club. It's the one in Tuggeranong, cnr Pitman and Holwell Streets.

RSVP soon, we're almost at capacity!

Cheers,

Aceyducey

G'day Acey,
Aceyducey said:
Date/Time: Saturday 19 November from midday
Is that Sat 18th, or Sun 19th? With the change to a more reasonable time of year, I reckon I'll have a go at making this one,

Regards,

Les said:
Is that Sat 18th, or Sun 19th? With the change to a more reasonable time of year, I reckon I'll have a go at making this one,
My calendar has Nov 19 as Saturday.

It would be good if you could make it.

And you could drop by for a Subway ;)

BTW people,

Some confirmation on prices.

For attendence at BBQ as well as Steve's talk the cost is:
CRIN members: $25, Non-members: $30, drinks extra

For attendence at Steve's talk only (from 2pm onwards), the cost is:
CRIN members: $5, Non-members: $10, drinks extra

I can provide the address for Geoff's Subway for those who wish to save a little on the lunch or just look for the Subway store with the puns on the board out the front :)

Cheers,

Craig

G'day all,

The best laid plans o' mice and men.....
Les said:
Anyway, sounds good to me - I'll be there
Sorry to say, its not going to happen - just found out I have to work this weekend. But Hi to all who are lucky enough to actually make it there,

Maybe next year....

Regards,

C'mon Les- there's 20 people who are going to come just because you were going to be there!

Be your own boss. Like me. Then you can be dead sure that you are going to be working all the time, every day of the week, so you can't make any promises you can't keep :D

Back