The Block

I'm with you Lizzie - I thought the white kitchens were rather boring. Expected more.

I watched the show for ideas as I'm getting ready to reno my kitchen. Not much in the way of ideas there...

I didn't like Josh and Jenna's kitchen as it looked fake and not somewhere I would like to cook in. Dan & Dani's looked unfinished and boring. Mark & Duncan's looked okay but a bit too out there in my mind. I liked Phil & Amity's best as it was an average kitchen that I could see myself using - it wasn't over the top like Josh & Jenna or Mark & Duncan had tried to do.

The old combustion stoves? Help me out here, I must have missed it.

Mark and Duncans was in the fish tank and was great.
Phil and Amities was done up and still working and was also great.
Dan and Dannys was sort of an ornament in the wall, average.

Where was Josh and Jenna's old combustion stove. It was supposed to be somewhere in the kitchen. That was the rules wasn't it?

See ya's.

So funny - was going to watch tonights episode but not posted to the net yet ... so instead found every past season and have gone back to the very first episode of the very first season - presented by Jamie Drury.

Waz and Gav - Fiona and Adam - Phil and Amity - (the other couple who I can't remember their names already!)

Wow - so long ago - such different rules - so young looking!

www.ninemsn.com.au/theblock

How do you see the old episodes?

I remember Fiona & Adam and vaugley remember Waz & Gav (as bad as it sounds as the gay couple more than anything else). Can't say I remember Amity & Phil though. Don't remember Jamie Durie either.

go to episodes from the home page (up the top) - down the rhs it lists "season 1", "season 2" etc - click on whatever season and then the episode of that season.

Interesting to see how Phil and Amity have matured - and I can't get over how spoilt and "precious" the girls all are!

Last edited:
I recall loving Phil and Amity's 'shabby chic' style in the first series, :D. I was going through a bit of a 'country' decorating phase (complete with blue and white EVERYTHING and lots of cutesy cutesy... ok, I'll admit... crap) at the time and thought their place in series one was just the bees knees! :eek::D. I was mystified as to why everyone seemed to hate it, lol. Ironically, I am again loving their house/style/value-adding ideas in this series too.

Sigh - would still love to go on The Block with you Spotless ... if only the kids were 10 years older ... :eek:

In 10 years, they will be and we will apply, Lizzie. I am keeping myself fit just for that moment in time. We will smash it... even if we can barely lift a hammer due to the cruel physical restrictions of old age and osteoporosis...

but hell - we'd still lot hot in shorts!

That's sweaty hot - and our bifocals will be so fogged up we couldn't see them anyhow

The old combustion stoves? Help me out here, I must have missed it.

Mark and Duncans was in the fish tank and was great.
Phil and Amities was done up and still working and was also great.
Dan and Dannys was sort of an ornament in the wall, average.

Where was Josh and Jenna's old combustion stove. It was supposed to be somewhere in the kitchen. That was the rules wasn't it?

See ya's.

Hidden in that garden wall perhaps?

That's one of the things I find frustrating about this show. They don't fully explain things, or maybe I just miss them too, dunno. :confused:

I missed the first two weeks and then found I couldn't get in to it. There is so little of the actual renovating and the design, its been all "reality" type show this time

I like the Amity and Phil house, it looks like it has added extras, the additional bathroom, the mezzanine, etc

To me their house will bring additional money at the auction

Not sure when the auctions are held but it can't be far away

Chris

Looks like Phil and Amity's house is being auctioned tomorrow (19th) at 2pm.

That's what I found with Google anyway (but not the official site - I found something else).

Dan and Danni's doesn't have an auction time. I would have thought they would all be auctioned the same night, like last year.

I just checked realestate.com.au and it shows

No. 6 - 5.00 pm 19th

No. 10 - no auction date or time

No. 12 - 5.00 pm 19th

No ad for No. 8

Chris

Ouch none of the living areas appealed to me last night, will be interested when backyards presented and Phil and Amity fix up dining area.

Wow did like Duncan and Dale's black screen wall but would be a pain to clean each week with kids in the house.

Enjoyed the series but I couldn't work to their pace, felt sorry for Keith as he has a massive job to oversee other sunbird and manage site safety.

Real frustration when people promise things eg timelines and don't deliver.

Don't know how girls can walk around in little slip on shoes etc rather than safety boots on site?

I just read on The Block Website that the auctions are on the Wednesday night show.

So when do we get to see that finished back gardens? Must be tomorrow

Chris

Ouch none of the living areas appealed to me last night, will be interested when backyards presented and Phil and Amity fix up dining area.

I too wasn't keen on the living areas ... Josh and Jenna's looked like an old grandma's living room ... I detest overlapping couches like the boys did ... and as we live in a house where everyone claims an individual couch to slob full length on (or chair and footstool) then single couches only would totally bomb.

Phil and Amity's was ooooookay if they didn't have the built in seating so that one could reorganise what went where.

Dan and Dani's was the best of a poor bunch ... but did love the propeller and cowhide chair in the boys room ... if only they'd had purple and green cushions .... :rolleyes:

Back