The costs of maintaining a HDT with Corporate Trustee

Hi there.

Just FYI: I got a bill from my accountant for $400 for an ASIC review of the Company that's the corporate trustee of the trust.

Not sure as to the breakdown of the cost from ASIC & the add on that my accountant put.

As this is the first year that the trust has been in existence I was surprised.

Anyone else had similar experience & willing to share - is this an ongoing yearly cost & cost of doing business or one off?

Cheerio.
A/c

At a guess I'd say thats the annual ASIC fee of $212 plus your accountant charging his annual "registered office" fee

Im expecting my bill to be a little less but maybe only $30 :cool:

Ross

alwayscurious said:
Just FYI: I got a bill from my accountant for $400 for an ASIC review of the Company that's the corporate trustee of the trust.

My accountant just passed the invoice on to me and I paid $212 directly via BPAY.

cheers, Tony

Likewise, my accountant sends me the invoice...and I pay the $212 by trust account cheque. No accountant fee. :)

Fish

Ditto..
Accountant completed the return on my behalf and asked me to check all is correct prior to paying by B-PAY, Australia Post etc for $212.00

Redwing

$212 via bpay. Also wondering how much people pay to set up the HDT.Mine cost $2700 whereas a normal family trust is only few hundred dollars.

Hi On the Move,

Im interested in the setup and ongoing costs as well.

Am i right in saying it costs ~$2500 setup for HDT then $212 per year? Or are there additional costs incurred through accountant fees etc.

Im trying to determine whether it is worth setting up a HDT now or later.

Cheers,

Damon

Back