The English Patient-help me settle an argument

What do you think of the movie "The English Patient"?

• A great movie.

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Boring.Too long.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Meh

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Never seen it.

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • I neither know nor care.

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Although I was watching the Soccer last night the movie "The English Patient" was on. This invariably leads to a bit of a heated discussion on the artistic and entertainment merits of the movie in our household. (I'm sure you've see the Seinfeld episode on this). So just a quick straw poll on the merits of the movie. I like it but others hate it.

Stupid poll, Australia was playing an important international match, doesn't matter what else was on.

You had a patriotic duty to support your country, without your moral support they may have lost.

You have done the right thing, if others want to watch something else they should have bought another TV yesterday :)

I really liked it, but I love that kind of romance and Ralph Fiennes is amazing. I think you have to be in the mood for it. It's easy to see why a lot of people wouldn't like it, for eg it doesn't have vin diesel driving some fast car with a hot blonde in it etc
I also loved the councillor which almost everyone hated, but when you lose yourself in the dialogue you start to understand what Ridley Scott was trying to show you

A good movie in its day, excellent actors, I think this may have been the movie that made Ralph Fiennes, but have now seen it at least 3 times and enough now.

Voted, great movie.

I couldn't vote as there was no suitable category other than it was too long.

But I still liked it, but wouldn't class it as "great".

Back