The Fork in the Road

Hi Guys.

I just wanted to gather some advice and thoughts on my little situation. I have come to a sort of fork in the road and I want to make the next 10 years really count. My scenario is this :

PPOR - fully owned valued at $480K ( Western Sydney )

IP No 1 : BURTON ( South Australia )
Bought 2007 $ 349,000
Valued at $450,00
INCREASE of $101,000 in 4 years

IP No 2 : MEDOWIE ( NSW Port Stephens area )
Bought 2006 $ 290,000
Valued at $ 320,000
INCREASE of $ $30,000 in 5 YEARS

IP No 3 : TOWNSVILLE ( qld )
Bought 2009 $ 402,000
Valued at $ 460,00
Increase of $58,000 in 2 Years

They are all negative geared , all Defence Housing Properties, and apart from MEDOWIE have 6-12 years leases on them still. All good quality houses with usual DHA specs etc.

1. In terms of growth etc are they doing ' enough ' - are they progressing well enough considering GFC etc ?

2. THinking of selling MEDOWIE and buying a NRA property or another DHA in a better growth area ? Medowie hasnt really gone to what I expected or hoped.

3. I was thinking about going again into another market possibly WA to catch the next wave or even SA again.

I know these questions are a lot of what if scenarios but sometimes it is good to get feedback from those who have been there done that rather than an accountant or FA.

I know there are expenses in selling MEDOWIE but I am looking for advice on what I see as being should I sell MEDOWIE as there hasnt been much growth and buy elsewhere with growth potential or keep it.?

Cheers, any advice is always appreciated.

Enjoy your weekend,.

Thank You guys

Back