The greatest injustice ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQiM30blIzM

We've all been screwed at some point. That's life. But I was thinking what was the worst you could be screwed. I missed the Vietnam war draft by ballot. Laos wasn't even in the war. Now their children and farmers etc. are being screwed by cluster bombs that were dropped before they were born. I feel for these people immensely. What kind of human being invents this stuff ? Ok ...have a fight ...have a war if you must ...but to do this to innocents 40 years afterwards ??? Huge WTF ??? LL

something similar was on foreign correspondence last night. One poor had both arms blown off and was blinded from a bomb he bumped while farming. the main income earner of the family, and they were already living in a hut with no electricity. Yet he wasn't bitter against the americans.

yes, they're already poor. a student of mine told me she remembers being hungry all the time. the kind of poor that hurts.

That young guy would be ashamed and disappointed that he's missing out on shcool. Even if he was tutored to say it, he's right - whoever put them there should clean them up.

More bombs were dropped in Laos during the Vietnam War, than all the bombs during world War 2.

Absolute travesty. The people there are some of the kindest people in the world.

The sad truth is that if Laos had oil in the ground or minerals, many countries would be in there clearing the cluster bombs for free. From my meagre knowledge, I think there have been private US bodies providing some funds clearing the bombs in the past.

I went to Laos last year, only to the capital though. It is a small country undeveloped but I was surprised as down on the riverbank at the capital there is a huge paved area where they have huge crowds doing aerobics together. several different groups. There is also free evercising equipment - this part was more developed than Bondi in Sydney.

Beautiful country though. I met up with some Aussie forum members who work there in Laos too - lots of amazing stories of the food out in the countryside.

Back