The next RENT rise!

Hi!

I've been a very keen reader of SS for sometime now. Sooo much great information on here. It's great that everyone shares their stories! Very inspirational. A pleasure to meet you all.

So just a quick rundown on my property adventure so far.
I only have 1 IP at present. Purchased a 2 bed apartment in Hurstville in 2007 for mid $220k. Current market value approx $340k - $350k. Currently rented for $345pw to excellent tenants. Fingers crossed they stay forever..:D
I'm sure you'll all remember interest rates were climbing in mid 2007 so i basically had my pick.
i plan on doing the same when interest rates rise, as i think this will be inevitable if inflation is going to stay high. HAPPY DAYS. Only thi time i want to buy alot more than 1.

After buying, tuned out of property completely untill earlier this year. Always loved it, just had other things going on.

Now back into it with a handy $100k + in equity to go shopping with!

So would be interested to get your thoughts on when we will start to see more rental growth from our current properties????

And secondly, what do you see install for the Sydney market within 15km of the city over the next 12 months?

Cheers!!!!

Rental growth is dependant on supply and demand in the area that you wish to purchase into. So......do some research. Call the PM's and ask about growth. Study the papers and the internet to see what is happening. In fact, you may find out, while doing this research, that your current IP is overdue for a rent increase.

On that note, don't take what I say as gospel as I have no idea about the market in Hurstville.

Back