The Voice

I enjoyed last night's episode of the voice. Wondering if anyone else did as well?

It's an interesting concept - high profile musicians working with a team of contestants with the intention of producing an overall 'winner'.

I observed that the musicians(ie Joel Madden, Seal, Delta and Keith Urban) are obviously not only looking for 'talented' singers, but seem to select those who sing in a similar musical style/genre to themselves. I guess this makes perfect sense.

I like the fact that the musicians can't see the performers they are selecting and need to concentrate only on the sound.

The show will be interesting on a number of levels. Music, being a subjective art form, means that people will have a varying number of opinions on who is selected, and who eventually wins the show.

I think shows like this are great, as they raise the profile of music in the community.

Be interested in your ideas, opinions etc.

Regards Jason.

I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. To be honest I thought it would be really lame, but ended up really enjoying it far more than other music programs such as X Factor and Australian Idol. I'm worried though that I and others will lose focus of the program once it stops being the blind auditions.

I really enjoyed it too. I think their choice in the judges has made all the difference. It's really positive and feel good....and the people can actually sing.

Thankfully there was a bit of variety. I really dislike shows like Idol where the singers are almost all either:
1) Tarted up young women trying to do vocal gymnastics, or
2) Wanna-be wrong side of the track blokes with stupid haircuts and high, breathless voices.

Ahhh, that feels better...

I'm worried though that I and others will lose focus of the program once it stops being the blind auditions.

Me too, actually. I think this is the aspect I enjoy - working purely off the sound.

I guess watching/hearing the singers progress and possibly sing in a variety of styles as the show progresses will be interesting.

Regards Jason.

Never watched it before last night when it was actually background noise, though I did get sucked in and watched a few of the final contestants

Nice concept, vocal talent only, not judged on looks

Hopefully a good choice by the legally blind girl who sounded amazing, going with Delta. I was surprised the girl playing the piano and singing kate Bush didn't go with Delta also :confused:

we got hooked as well.....

although I find the begging from the judges to be a bit irritating.

I was glad that Delta didnt get Guy Sebastians brother..... I didnt like him much
Disappointed that noone chose the girl who was a good songwriter.

see, I'm already totally into it! Sad, sad, sad!! :eek: :eek:

But I think I'm becoming a reality TV show junkie.. My husband, son and I are also hooked on Biggest Loser this year. (my daughter isnt interested, which I'm glad about... dont think teenage girls benefit from this type of show!).

I'm so glad that Margie didnt go home....... she is so much fun to watch.

My husband and son are both very slim (they are both sensitive about their weight/ being too skinny), but they are keenly watching the body building part of the show. My son has really increased his activity levels during the series, so thats got to be a good thing. He watches the show while he practices his push ups!!

Although, I have to say that I love Foxtel IQ..

we record all the shows and watch them later in the night.. so we dont have to watch the ads, and we can fast forward through all the repetitive repeating and repeating and repeating of contestants stories/ what happened last night etc.

It makes for a much more pleasant experience!

I am loving The Voice, the concept of only being able to 'hear first' fascinates me, I cannot believe the incredible raw talent and think what a great opportunity for the artists to show their wares. The voices have moved me, the stories behind the voices have moved me, and I loved the country singer/songwriter that never got her berth, her original composition was something I want on my ipod.

I will be watching this every chance I get.

Also I have a relative coming up on X factor come June. Singer/songwriter.

So annoyed that I missed the first episode but have enjoyed the other 2 so far.

What happens after they've got their teams? Teams of 12 I think isn't it?

How are they eliminated? By phone ins from viewers?

Can't believe the guy with the black rings around his eyes got picked and the 48 yo woman didn't. I like big gutsy voices.

Although, I have to say that I love Foxtel IQ..

we record all the shows and watch them later in the night.. so we dont have to watch the ads, and we can fast forward through all the repetitive repeating and repeating and repeating of contestants stories/ what happened last night etc.

It makes for a much more pleasant experience!

True, especially as there seemed to be so many ads. (I might be getting old and grumpy, though)

The other thing is, with the IQ, make sure you press the 'Plus 20' button when you are recording, otherwise you will miss the end. Channel 9 always seem to run overtime. (Grumpy again. Sorry)

I'm really enjoying it as well. As usual would be improved with more acts and less hype but you can't complain when it's free entertainment!

The young girl, Karise, from the central coast just blew me away. Also loved Adam. If you missed the acts have a look on the website at the quality performances.

So annoyed that I missed the first episode but have enjoyed the other 2 so far.

What happens after they've got their teams? Teams of 12 I think isn't it?

How are they eliminated? By phone ins from viewers?

Can't believe the guy with the black rings around his eyes got picked and the 48 yo woman didn't. I like big gutsy voices.

I saw some of the American Voice on tellie Olly and from memory the following is how it works:

When they have the 12 contestants each. The judges pair up their contestants and they sing the same song at the same time whilst in a boxing ring. The judge then chooses the one they want to go through to their chosen six and the loser is eliminated. Each judge goes through the same process.

From memory once they all have six contestants then the judges choose the song which they perform and then I think the people choose who goes through and who's knocked out.

I lost interest after the blind auditions ... I enjoyed that process, but then the judges get to much power and tend to choose crap songs which don't suit the contestant.

Anyway ... I hope that helps.

Mystery

My neighbour raved about the show, I said, nah does not interest me.

Feeling lazy yesterday, tv on when ironing, rerun of a show, hooked...........

I like the show but I think the judges could get a bit more real with their comments, particularly when none of them spin around. e.g. they could say 'I really like the arrangement, but you're voice was a bit weak so keep working on it, good job', rather than ranting on about needing to feel a lightning bolt etc. and leaving the contestant wondering. DWTS is my favourite, the judges are dance people, it's real, with real (and entertaining) appraisal. Also, isn't it back to a square one show now that the judges have seen them?

I like the show but I think the judges could get a bit more real with their comments, particularly when none of them spin around. e.g. they could say 'I really like the arrangement, but you're voice was a bit weak so keep working on it, good job', rather than ranting on about needing to feel a lightning bolt etc. and leaving the contestant wondering. DWTS is my favourite, the judges are dance people, it's real, with real (and entertaining) appraisal. Also, isn't it back to a square one show now that the judges have seen them?

I thought recent DWTS were all about raising the profile of Channel 7 personalaties, plus throw in someone everyone loves, someone everyone loves to hate etc?

I dont watch the show though so am none the wiser; I have watched "So You Think You Can Dance", which shows some great talent

Back