Thermo-Glaze

Has anyone heard of Thermo Glaze???
Possibly similar to mendabathroom I s'pose, but maybe been around longer?
We're going up to City West (Perth) this week to inspect their samples.

Have decided that at $100 per sq m - this is a bargain rather than re-tiling the bathroom in our IP.

We've checked their website & looks/sounds very impressive,
http://www.thermoglaze.com.au
And they do Floors too!

They apparently have over 900 colours to choose from & give a 10 yr guarantee (7yrs in rentals).

If any one has any experience with Thermo-Glaze can you please give us some info about how its comeup & lasted.

Thanks

KANGA;)

Hi Kanga,

Very slick website ..

I don't mean to be critical of the company or the product but have the following points to make ...

>Have decided that at $100 per sq m - this is a bargain rather >than re-tiling the bathroom in our IP.

Tiling is usually $50 - $60 per sp m, Average tiles are usually about $25 per sq m. Preparation costs may push the cost

Often retiling will find hidden problems.

It does have the advantage of being quick !

Sorry, 'bout the price I didn't really mean $$ cheap but will save a lotta heartache for us. We don't want to do our 1st tiling job as a bathroom & have only a few days to get it done. (In fact, really don't want to do any tiling at all) Doh! (Lazy buggars we are!!).

We can have a brand new look bathroom & what the heck get the Kitchen splashbacks done too! Gonna ask them about doing classic white wall tiles & bath and maybe a magic royal blue on the floor to cover the old brown 2inch tiles. Aarrgh! the tastes of years gone by.

Yes they do have a pretty special looking website - and offices all over the world too, sounds like they know their stuff.

Anyone had any direct experience with them??

We went to look at samples today - it definately looks like top stuff. Tried to scratch it with keys & couldn't.
Going ahead with the job, early May. Can't wait.

KANGA

:) :) :)

Hi,

Sorry to kind of hijack the thread, but i guess it's a similar type of product...

While chatting to a real estate agent about the dismal state of a bathroom of a just-purchased property, he referred me to Phoenix Paints in O'Connor.

They have a range of 2 part epoxy style paints suitable for resurfacing concrete, tiles and other surfaces... Nice thing to note is that the stuff is water based... so no nasty fumes etc. :)

I purchased ~$200 worth - enough to cover approx 35sqm. Looking to resurface a tiled shower area, bathroom and laundry floor, and concrete laundry trough in the next 2 weeks.

I can report back with pics/results if anyone's interested...

cheers

I think I'll look into this Therma-Glaze .... In about 3 weeks I move into one of our IP's to do a basic reno (update kitchen, bathroom, paint, carpet) and I was looking to re-tile the bathroom. This option looks much quicker, easier and less inconvenient.

Can you apply the stuff yourself or does it have to be applied by them? I suppose to get the guarantee they would have to apply it (thinking as I type ... :p)

Martin

have a look at James Hardie, they have a interior wall product. I saw something like this last night on there web site.

Hi All,

Ok, I'm back with some before/after pics as promised...

This was using the phoenix paints 2 part water based epoxy stuff. Pls let me know if this should belong in its own thread.

bathroom:

bath2.JPG

bath2a.JPG

bath4.JPG

bath4a.JPG

Could do with another coat, but meh, it's a rental...

laundry in next post...

cheers

Last edited:
Rol,

Thanks for the pic's .... one question re: the bathroom, .... any reason why you didn't paint the border tiles around the shower at the same time as you painted the shower base tiles?

It looks okay for a rental, but I reckon if you'd picked up some cheap white tiles and tiled over the old ones and some floor tiles to do the floor it would have given a better quality finish, especially as you've put a new bathroom cabinet in.

How will the paint go on the bathroom floor, .. do you think it will hold up to constant foot traffic?

Laundry looks fine ... good job.

I'm about to move into one of our IP's to do a bathroom, kitchen, carpet, blinds and paint makeover, .... I will post pic's. Not sure if I'll go tiles or Therma Glaze in the bathroom until I have a closer look next week.

Martin .... :p

Just got my kitchen top Thermo glazed $900 in Perth see below and after pics
The doors and side of cabinet was painted with gloss paint left over from front door.

Attachments

• P7040487.jpg
    P7040487.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,020
  • kitchen2.jpg
    kitchen2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 965
Just got my kitchen top Thermo glazed $900 in Perth see below and after pics
The doors and side of cabinet was painted with gloss paint left over from front door.

That looks great Welshman, it really changes the look of the kitchen. It's amazing what info you can find on this forum ... I had no idea they could Therma-glaze kitchen top's .... Did you use standard gloss enamel paint for the cupboards/drawers laminate or did you apply a special product? I was wondering how easily it would chip and scratch with using standard paint.

Martin

Last edited:
Thermoglaze

I thermoglazed our PPOR bathtub in 2007, had old white tiles with a grey bathroom. The bathtub looked just like a brand new ceramic one. I was very impressed. I'd do it again as the finish was exactly like a new bathtub and the tub alone cost $500, 8 years ago.

Back