Thoughts on cheapy suburbs?

I have noticed a few suburbs that look very reasonably priced that are in close proximity to Brisbane CBD.Say 20-25 mins drive.These being darra,wacol,gailes,ellen grove and carole park.
Does anyone see price increases filtering out to these suburbs down the track?
I know they are not the best areas at the moment but surely that will change with a growing population and city?.......

As long as they've got subdivision potential go for it.

And what if the buyer is not interested in subdivision?

The answer isn't as simple as that, will depend on what the buyer is trying to achieve and future goals and markets.

Yeah I guess I thought that rents were pretty good and buying in at a low price that close to the city there might be a bit of growth also.Being able to renovate later and add some value.....

And what if the buyer is not interested in subdivision?

You really can't go wrong with buying up a cheap house on a big block. Even if you have no intention of sub-dividing the fact that it is sub-dividable helps with the future equity. Land is the appreciating asset after all.

I have noticed a few suburbs that look very reasonably priced that are in close proximity to Brisbane CBD.Say 20-25 mins drive.These being darra,wacol,gailes,ellen grove and carole park.
Does anyone see price increases filtering out to these suburbs down the track?
I know they are not the best areas at the moment but surely that will change with a growing population and city?.......

I read somewhere recently, that population growth in outer QLD had declined, so you need a bit more research. Go to ABS and check it out! Population is not the only driver, what is the economy like there, what industries are present, etc...
20-25 km from Brisbane is not the same as 20-25 mins from Sydney or Melbourne...

Most times quoted are at 3am :cool:

Haha brilliant.
I have seen a few people on here spruiking suburbs 15 minutes away from mine and then saying they are 15 minutes from the city. Given it takes me 15 minutes to get to the city and you need to come past my suburb then Yep it's either 3am, you drive a Ferrari and have 0 demerit points Or your Aladdin and have a magic carpet.

Back