Tight as a spring!

I've found swimming laps in a 50m pool to completely unwind me mentally. It's physically draining, and therefore the petty troubles melt away as you struggle with the physical aspects.

The endorphins kick in afterwards and sweep through the body, washing away all of those down feelings.

I used this routine to great effect when going through the six months of negotiations with all and sundry when purchasing the shed.

Thanks, OO. I have undertaken a fair bit of self-development and reflection, and overall I think I'm pretty good at keeping things in perspective. Thankfully I'm not chronically anxious; this was a far more acute, short-lived thing. I ended up chatting to another PI who happened to log on and ask to chat just after I posted, and I vented to him, and within 15 minutes felt much better :D

Most days I adopt GoAnna!'s attitude; I can relate, girlfriend!

A few weeks ago I decided to do something that may seem totally pretentious but which I'm hoping will help; I hired a PA! I advertised on the local uni website for a "Personal Assistant", casual about 3-5 hrs per week on average, $16 per hour. I explained that I was a property investor and if somebody wanted to gain some exposure, this may be a mutually beneficial opportunity. I said they'd do a fair bit of filing and data entry, but also occasionally visit my property to attend to various things, ring tradesmen for quotes, etc. I got about 12 applicants, about 5 of whom were exceptional calibre. By that I mean that they were very enthusiastic, raved about how great an opportunity it would be for them, were studying commerce, economics, business etc and wanted to put it into practise, and were very vibrant (most important for me). I interviewed one young lady and immediately offered her the job. Unfortunately her Dad then selfishly went and died that very day :rolleyes: in Germany, so she has been in Germany the past few weeks. Anyway, got an email today saying she's back and ready to start work. Great timing! :)

6 o'clock used to be scotch o'clock.....but that's no good as you get older.

20+ mins of cardio does it for me.... used to be running, now cycling...can be a stationery bike as well. just get up it a bit. and do a few push ups, sits ups, and chin ups after.....it releases the fight/flight stress hormones and neural tone that build during the day.

Yoga stretching followed by meditation gets similar results for many.

You might also mold your kids to take on more household responsibilities. Kids as young as 5 did chores regularly 2 generations ago (including me), don't see why they can't now.

And then consider whether you are manically trying to fit too much in. There's hard work and smart work, and I don't have a problem doing more of the latter.

I go to work. There is no way I could run a mile in my wifes shoes and be a stay home dad. More than happy to go to work and find a baddy and throw him in the watch house.

Back