Timing is everything!!!

A couple looking to move on from their 3 bedroom weatherboard home in Kingston did it all the wrong way around. They have bought their new home and forgot to sell thier old one, oops!!

Now its time to pull the plug, so to speak, as if they dont get cash for their old house in the next week and a half, they will loose the new dream home.

Not the way you or I would usually do things but this is an example of how desperate sellers can be a real boon to investors.

The house for sale is in good condition, and is well located at only 25 mins south of Birsbane's CBD in the rental belt. Listed until now at $185k,that in itself should have moved this one. The desperation of the owners come into play at this the 11th hour and they have dropped the price a further $20k if someone is cashed up and ready to go.

Now at $165k and needing the money, who knows what this could end up as. Now from what Im looking at this is a good developement as it allows any purchaser to reap at least a $20k margin off thier purchase immediately.

The market is sluggish admittedly, but with townhouses and units here having a massive 9% growth in the last quarter alone, it would be reasonable to assume that long term this could be a great buy.

This is available now and is definitely food for thought. I cant buy everything so why not let someone else cash in. I just bought 2 in tassie last month and am off to Brizzy for a reno later this week, so no time to ponder this option just move on.

DD1

Hi DD1 we disagree again about logan

If you'd bought that in 2002 for 80k you'd have a property that would be cash flow positive. But with either a stove or a hot water system , going in one year it would be borderline. Zip in the way of depreciation.

Since Dec 2003 that property has gone down in price . If you'd got your timing right to the month you might have even got 190K but not now and 165 K sound in the right price range and it would be lucky to move over night . If it was fully renovated maybe 185 , but even then it would probably site for sale for several months.

For the last two years it's price has been going down.

See Change

Seech said
If you'd bought that in 2002 for 80k you'd have a property that would be cash flow positive
And what if THEY'D bought it in 2002 - or even earlier???? Hmmmm!!!!

If it's their PPOR, then no CGT (nice) - room for a bit more negotiation??

DD1 said
Now at $165k and needing the money, who knows what this could end up as
Could be a deal for someone.... Not me at this time (shame that...)

Thanks for the post, DD1,

Regards,

Landed the deal in 48 hours sorry, I havent posted back since then.

Someone bought it through the agent before I could present the client I had interested. DOH!!!

Well sea change for everyone that says no, there is an equasl and opposite view that says yes.

Lets just see in 2 years where this one is.

DD1

DD1 said:
Someone bought it through the agent before I could present the client I had interested. DOH!!!

Well sea change for everyone that says no, there is an equasl and opposite view that says yes.

DD1

It would be dull and boring , and not very profitable if every one thought the same :D

See Change

DD1 said:

DD1
Nowhere, that's where!....its a flat and correcting market in Brisbane and to boot, its located in Kingston....this property aint going nowhere CG wise for many years.

George

I am very surprised you guys are so vocal against Kingston and it`s prospects, I still think it is great value, considering it`s position and proximity to Bris, Coast and Ipswich.
I guess I wouldn`t run to buy there but there are an overwhelming majority of worse places to invest imo.

Back