Today Tonight guilty of Wildly Wealthy Women lies

Today Tonight guilty of Wildly Wealthy Women lies
A
AAP
April 30, 2009 12:25pm
THE High Court has found a current affairs TV show breached trade practices laws by entering into a deal for exclusive get-rich-quick stories.

The exclusives were organised with Today Tonight by a marketer who had made arrangements with WWW to receive a commission for every woman who signed up to the investment program.

The Seven Network did not dispute that the programs contained untrue claims about the wealth and assets of the two women who were offering the training.

Nor did it dispute that certain representations made in the episodes were misleading and deceptive.

Full story here

Full Somersoft search here

Dave

IMO this show should get in trouble more often for their so-called 'journalistic' practices. TT and ACA are pathetic excuses for journalism, and should not even be classed in that category.

A current affairs show 'breaches trade practices laws'??? And makes representations that 'were misleading and deceptive'??? C'mon, Dave - that's a bit hard to believe ..... surely??? :rolleyes: :p

Cheers
LynnH

Personally, I am glad they are around in case I ever get ripped off.....which I have been.....and I have approached the media. It was interesting what I found out.

One investigative call from their office to a company trying to play silly buggers is often more powerful than legal proceedings.

And if you have ever contacted ACCC, FIDO, ASIC, or OFT, you'll appreciate that the current affairs shows and private media move a hell of a lot quicker.... an OFT complaint I made wasn't acted on for 4 mths. Blew me away when they rang back about the incident so far down the track...

They have their issues , but i love it when the advertise, things like , nows the time to buy, or perhaps , boom suburbs, etc great stuff!

junk in general there DavidMc - junk for society, junk for the social conscience, junk for morals, junk for entertainment, junk for knowledge.

Every arcticle thats ever on there is just an ad for something it really pisses me off, we watch glorified ads, then normal ads. Its 30 minutes of ads!

IMO this show should get in trouble more often for their so-called 'journalistic' practices. TT and ACA are pathetic excuses for journalism, and should not even be classed in that category.

I don't even watch them.

They are food for the uneducated and victimised masses.

The pathetic, needy, scared, us against the boss/landlord; they love these shows.

I have been interviewed by TT. It was a few years ago now- when I still had my flock of bats. It was one of those property success stories.

Their take was very positive.

But I asked them why they interviewed me. I only had a few properties, there were a lot of people who were vastly more successful than me.

There response was that people identified well with people who were a little successful- it gives them some hope. They don't identifiy with the people who have been extremely successful.

people identified well with people who were a little successful- it gives them some hope. They don't identifiy with the people who have been extremely successful.

Great to see you have come from below to arrive at the status of "food for the uneducated and victimised masses".:p Hey, and this was when you had a flock of bats........and now you don't.:(

There response was that people identified well with people who were a little successful- it gives them some hope. They don't identifiy with the people who have been extremely successful.

Hope? He's dead isn't he?

Guess they're the same people who won't be reading this forum then.

Project 1080.

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

Back