Toowoomba Home Show anyone going?

It's on 27th 28th & 29th of this month (April 2007) at the Toowoomba Showgrounds. For those interested more info is at this web site!

http://www.aemq.net.au/events/TAHS/index.htm

This is a little snippet from the site - We will be showcasing the very latest offerings for the inside and outside of the home for building renovating and decorating.

It also has other things to do with creative arts! Might see you there.

Also on a note about Toowoomba I have been informed about a 'Like Minded Investors Group' so looking to merge with this group to share investor knowledge & networking while on my stay at Toowoomba. If anyone would like updates send to [email protected]

My networking has found a few people in Toowoomba interested in 'meeting up' sometime some place one of these are in the process of seeing if we can organize a meeting with this existing group.

We went out last year- we were really disapointed- very few exhibitors and took us about 2 hours all up to see everything- that included coffee and chatting to a couple of tank guys. I'm not sure why these things aren't bigger or better supported- we have over 100,000 people here, and the building industry is booming. Most local businesses are not represented- seems they just don't want to put in the effort?? Yet people will travel with their business to showcase it here. Not sure what's going on!
Welcome to Toowoomba- not too much garden around at the moment, I'm sorry, but the autumn trees are putting on a beautiful show for you!:D
Susan

That seems strange that businesses from away away come and not the locals one which is what you'd think the township would do.

It says this year is "Featuring around 130 local businesses displaying thousands of products and services."

In the link there is also date for the Gold Coast one which is supposed to be pretty big in July. If I find any value in this one I might schedule in the Gold Coast one as well that will be mid winter then. I'm still going to go and have a look at Toowoomba's I like seeing the building renovating side of things and new inventive ways and ideas about things in the industry.

The gardens are a bit dry here in Toowoomba you just have to look at the lawns where I'm staying, the grass is a mat of white when it's usaully green! Autumns great Toowoomba and the people that live here are good but those damn hills...I'm getting used of them! It rained a heavy shower the other evening & thunder.

Did you want your email address put on the list and then when the 'like minded investors meeting' is organized I will let you know and you can rock up if you want. It will be an easy going event at the pub for a counter meal probably on 'a' Sunday?

We've decided to go for a look see on Saturday- anything to get out of painting! The stall holders seem similar to last year- some local businesses, but nowhere near well represented- it's a pity local businesses don't get behind this type of thing, but perhaps there are other reasons. Happy for you to add my email address to your list, if you pm me your stand name, I'll drop by to say hello,
Good luck
Susan

Sure! Sent you a PM.

Seems the date will be Sunday from 11.30AM, May 27th for lunch at the Irish Club, Russel Street, Toowoomba for the 'Networking & Like Minded Property Investors Meet Up'. All is welcome so come along anyone interested.

Did anyone go to the first day of the Home Show?

Back