Tough Mudder

Any forum folk out there competing in any of the :mad:Tough Mudder:mad: events coming up? I'm heading to the Sydney one in a few weeks. I've managed to get on the bike to work about 3-4 days a week for about 13km trip one way. A few beach runs during lunch with plenty of push ups/sit ups/squats/dips and Wednesday is the killer with 250 burpees + hill sprints. That usually kills me and Thurs/Fri end up being bludge days!

I'm doing Sydney. The obstacles don't bother me much, but I'm not much of a runner. Fortunately there's no more than about 1km between each obstacle.

I'm doing Sydney. The obsticals don't bother me much, but I'm not much of a runner. Fortunately there's no more than about 1km between each obstical.

How many obstacles are we talking?

I've seen footage of it - looks pretty full on.

Cheers

Jamie

One of my clients is competing in the Sydney one. He has dropped something like 20kg in the last couple years and is fighting fit! Looks fun, not my cup of Dilmah though!

pinkboy

I'm doing Sydney. The obstacles don't bother me much, but I'm not much of a runner. Fortunately there's no more than about 1km between each obstacle.

I'm not much of a runner either. I doubt I could make 20kms straight but 1km intervals should be easy. I reckon there may be a bit a break at each obstacle with the amount of people so should get a bit of a spell there too

I've signed up for Sunday with a team and another team wants me to do the Saturday one camp out and do it again!...

I'm not much of a runner either. I doubt I could make 20kms straight but 1km intervals should be easy. I reckon there may be a bit a break at each obstacle with the amount of people so should get a bit of a spell there too

That's what I figure. A friend of mine did Phillip Island in Febuary and said that they were often waiting quite a while at each obstical. Plenty of recovery time between runs.

She felt the hardest ones where where you had to trudge through mud as your legs turned to lead.

Perhaps next year we should form a 'Team Somersoft'!

Back