Town Planner, Commercial Kitchen

Hi could someone please let me know if it is possible to operate a commercial kitchen in a industry 1 zoning, basicly the preperation of food and cooking/heating frozen patties and fish etc.
Thanks

Whereabouts is the industrial unit located? It will be in the Council planning controls. You should also check with the Council about the Buidking Code of Australia implications. The Council's Health Surveyor should also be involved in giving advice.

qld gold coast, I did look on the council site and it does say food is ok but I can't see if this also would mean a cooking kitchen is fine as well. thanks

From my understanding, you have 2 issues to consider. fristly the zoning, which will have "as of right:" type of uses, as well as others which may be considered "upon application". The next item, is the building classification. I believe this will have the same,as of right, and upon application. Further, when food is involved, then a grease trap is required, and the size of the business, will determine the size of the trap. Are you buying or leasing. In either case, the agent should either, be able to assist, or know where to send you to find out.

Council Town Planner

Please see the attached file. It shows the levels of assessment for the Industry 1 Zoning.

I would advise that you contact the Gold Coast City Council and speak to a Council town planner. They will tell you if a development application is required.

in short, you should have no problems operating a commercial kitchen in that zone, it depends on the level of assessment required. eg. Self Assessable, Code Assessable, Impact Assessable.

This is my website, it has a number of links to Gold Coast City Council.
http://www.weplan.com.au/local-council/queensland-councils/gold-coast-city-council

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-26 at 6.50.31 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-26 at 6.50.31 PM.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 68
Please see the attached file. It shows the levels of assessment for the Industry 1 Zoning.

I would advise that you contact the Gold Coast City Council and speak to a Council town planner. They will tell you if a development application is required.

in short, you should have no problems operating a commercial kitchen in that zone, it depends on the level of assessment required. eg. Self Assessable, Code Assessable, Impact Assessable.

This is my website, it has a number of links to Gold Coast City Council.
http://www.weplan.com.au/local-council/queensland-councils/gold-coast-city-council

Thanks, I have actually made a mistake, its not Industry 1 it is actually industry 2,
So would industry 2 be suitable for a food kitchen.

Thanks

Back