Transfer of Management

Hi everyone,

I am considering to engage with a new property manager as I am not happy with my current one. Just wondering if the transfer is normally easy or difficult. How long does it take usually? Is there anything I should put my eyes on?

Thanks,
Kai

Fairly easy if both companies play ball.

Sign up management agreement with the new one, they'll talk to the old one to get all the files, documentation, etc

Your old one may enforce a notice period, check your contract to find out how long this is.

Hmmm...What about if the old one does not play ball? Is there anything I can do if this happens?

Fairly easy if both companies play ball.

Sign up management agreement with the new one, they'll talk to the old one to get all the files, documentation, etc

Your old one may enforce a notice period, check your contract to find out how long this is.

If the property is in Vic, and it's a standard REIV agreement, there's no notice period to your current agent - but 2 business days is standard.

The new agent should handle the transfer for you, ensure the file is up to date and they have everything needed.

The only time I've seen a current agent not "play ball", is when the property is within an exclusive agreement.

If they don't play ball, speak to the director.

It's standard and professional - the transaction happens between the 2 agents without your evolvement. This is a normal part of a pm business.

Hey Rick
Good to be back.
I couldn't get into my old account, login was automatic while I was active. After a few years there was a password required.
Couldn't do a pw recovery as I'm no longer working in my last agency and old business partner kept my email :(

Long story short.... Needed to start new ac!

Some of the old stuff is no longer relevant anyway - I have started another real estate agency.

Back