Transfer PPOR Out of My Name to Trust or Family

Hi All, please could someone give me advice on what is involved in transferring my PPOR, owned since 2000 and owner/occupied entire time by me to either a trust or to my brother (preferable option) who resides in the UK. I feel that I need to take protective steps for myself against any future defacto or business related claims. At the moment I am potentially vulnerable with everything I own in my name only.
There is a small mortgage remaining against my PPOR.
Any advice on recommended process, duty implications and does CGT apply and anything else I should watch for would be very appreciated
Thank you

Stamp Duty will apply in full most likely.
CGT won't apply since it's your own residence.
Speak to a solicitor about transferring the title into a trust/brother's name.

Terry is correct- In your brother'e name the asset of your PPOR would now be subject to any claim a defacto/spouse makes against him/your brother.Of course there are two separate issues you need to consider- protecting against business creditors,claims, litigation and separately family law protection against rapacious partners. You do need some legal advice,rather than opinions on Site to protect yourself from both sorts of different eventualities. Fam Court can get at Trusts too.Regret I can't reco lawyer in Qld to help

thanks all, appreciate your efforts to point me in the right direction. Clearly the consensus is that I seek legal advice which I shall do to try to protect myself.
Thanks again.

Back