Transferring money overseas

Hi guys, does anyone have any recommendations for transferring money overseas? I have tried OzForex, but they won't do it and doing it direct through Macquarie is really expensive.

So wanting to find someone who does what I need. Not necessarily the cheapest, looking for reliability and speed mostly.

Thanks!

Try wire transfer ...each bank charges different fees...very reliable and quick but a bit dear on the pocket...

I have used OZforex (which is not the option you are looking for) between AUS & US

Steve

Find out who the routing/clearing bank is for the bank you're sending it to and also who you send it through. Can cut days by ensuring they're only a couple of degrees apart (ie credit unions etc can often take an extra couple of days given they go through an extra router most of the time).

HiFX, OzForex, and two others (sorry names escape me at the moment) are well worth checking out. (I know you said OzForex wouldn't but worth trying again sometimes).

Also depends on currency -some you just can't send in and some countries you just can't send to.

Some community based business 'hand deliver' the money. You pay them the AUD here and they convert it and give the foreign cash in destination country (mostly the developing countries though) in few hours. This system works best if you are sending money to less fortunate people where systems aren't perfect to look after them.

Some community based business 'hand deliver' the money. You pay them the AUD here and they convert it and give the foreign cash in destination country (mostly the developing countries though) in few hours. This system works best if you are sending money to less fortunate people where systems aren't perfect to look after them.

Also illegal.

Hi guys, does anyone have any recommendations for transferring money overseas? I have tried OzForex, but they won't do it and doing it direct through Macquarie is really expensive.

So wanting to find someone who does what I need. Not necessarily the cheapest, looking for reliability and speed mostly.

Thanks!
Depending on the countrty but some travel companies run "Door too Door "within a few hours turnaround i have used them when one of the daughters
needed money,and they work,and only charge a small % on the total,found a
Asian Lady Mark?:)..

Thanks for the tips guys! Can't use Oz Forex because I am trying to deposit money in my Oanda account and they won't transfer money to another FX Trader. Prestty stupid, I know, but them's the breaks. I will give HiFX a go, I reckon.

Will - hahaha, nah mate! Happily single over here. Women are too much hassle. My ex-gf was Japanese (well, she still is, actually) and crazier than a cut snake!

Thanks for the tips guys! Can't use Oz Forex because I am trying to deposit money in my Oanda account and they won't transfer money to another FX Trader. Prestty stupid, I know, but them's the breaks. I will give HiFX a go, I reckon.

1. Open an OANDA sub account in AUD, this takes minutes if you already have a primary account
2. Transfer AUD to this account for no cost (except your Oz bank international xfr fee, maybe $20)
3. Transfer from your OANDA sub account to your primary account at OANDA rates

+1 on Oanda. Their FX service had some pretty good rates when I used it last year, but their restrictions on where you could transfer into or out of was a real nightmare.

Back