Trust or No Trust - 1st IP ?

G'Morning !

I will be buying my first IP. Can someone please recommend what is best, whether to buy in personal name or in trust ? Then, please provide some pros and cons of trust.

Note: I tried searching similar threads as this is very basic question, but unable to find. May be you can redirect me to correct thread or some article resource on internet.

Hi
your would need a lot more info before people can discuss pros and cons. How long are you going to hold, fo/ Capital growth prospects. Returns etc etc etc.

Hi
your would need a lot more info before people can discuss pros and cons. How long are you going to hold, fo/ Capital growth prospects. Returns etc etc etc.
I will be holding it for long say 10years at least which I can see now. May be willn't sell at all. But definitely not selling it soon until unless some uncertain situation comes and I need to sell or I think there is some better strategy then what am currently on.

IP going to be +ve cf or neutral. Having plans to buy IPs, IPs as much I can. I see I can buy 4 in next 5years or may be more I get successful in during contracting jobs and depending on few other imp things as well. But don't count on exact numbers, I am yet to plan those after first IP.

Let me if you need further any info to help.

Last edited:
are you aware of the difference between being +vely geared and +ve cashflow? How are you planning to achieve this? High yields, or a big deposit? What do you think the advantages of using a trust are and why, in your situation, do you think a trust is best for you?

My first question rather than go into pros and cons id say

What resources do you have for the first IP.

A HDT at 90 to 95 % IO wont be easy to get

ta
rolf

My first question rather than go into pros and cons id say

What resources do you have for the first IP.

A HDT at 90 to 95 % IO wont be easy to get

ta
rolf
- 10% of property price + backup money
- No debt
- Good salary

May be many more things, if you can ask me specifically what resource is needed I can reply.

PI, do you know the difference between a familiy trust and a HDT, and the pros and cons of each? What do you expect achieve by using a trust compared to buying in your own name?

Back