TURKEY - The Comeback Kings!!!

Who here has been viewing the Euro 2008 Soccer Tournament? I still haven't slept after watching the Turks do it again - for the third time! For 3 games in a row they have turned a deficit into a win late in each game and progress through - now to the semi's. This morning they copped a goal in the last minute of EXTRA TIME then went on to score an equalising goal with the very last kick of the game to force a penalty shootout. Apparently, they have only been infront for a combined duration of 9 MINUTES in all games played. I could rant on and on, considering the fact that I have a Turkish background :D:D:D. Oh man, I still can't believe it!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: WTF?!?!?!

It's times like these I wish I had foxtel!!

Turkey may end being the "Greece" in this tournament.

My picks for Euro2008 are either Spain or Turkey.

Whoever beats Italy, I am hoping that it will be in dramatic fashion in the dying minutes via a contraversial panalty. ..and I'm of Italian background :O)))

enjoy oc1, who will Turkey meet next?

..I wish I had foxtel

wombat

I wish I had foxtel

Even the basic sports package won't get you the channel required to get the channel to see Euro 2008. Its Setanta Sports and it costs another $15pm over and above whatever your package is. :(

Admittedly, I forked out for it.

BTW, Turkey did the same in Word Cup 2002 ie getting to semi-final, but lost to Brazil. Turkey are playing Germany in the semi (AM 26th AEST)

Seeing there are plenty of Turkish immigrants living in Germany, should be plenty of interest in Deutschland.

As an aside, when did Turkey become part of Europe? :confused:

Turkey may end being the "Greece" in this tournament.

enjoy oc1, who will Turkey meet next?

I hope so. Germany is next. I assume after another last minute win here ;) and its into the final. You gotta love the passion, desire and commitment from this team. Quite remarkable! :)

As an aside, when did Turkey become part of Europe?

In terms of soccer, it always has been part of europe. Geographically speaking, 5% of Turkey is located in Europe. Istanbul is were Asia and Europe meet. And it is that section that has one of the most expensive areas of realestate in the world. Ocean view villas/mansions starting from a few million and fetching up to $100 million. :eek:

Have just returned home from trip to Europe and seeing the fans over there was unbelievable.

In Berlin, part of a main street was blocked off to let the fans celebrate their teams win (in this instance, it was Croatia).

When other sides won, there was a lot of driving up and down the roads with flags draped over cars, tooting of horns etc.

Regards
Marty

Back