tv shows

i love pretty much anything on the lifestyle channel.

Grand Designs is definately a favorite. Also really enjoy dangerous catch about crabbing.

My 14 year old daughter (who doesn't live with me) told me yesterday she wanted to get into Flipping properties. She's been watching something on Arena called Flipping Out. It's her new fav TV show.
Another thing she learned is that people with OCD (that's me, by the way) excell at property reno's, including flipping.
Who knew :)

Last edited:
I've been fixated on the tour de france over the last few weeks.
Tonight is the final stage where they ride into Paris. though there's no real jockeying for lead positions (tradition dictates).

And in a few days we have the Olympics starting. :(
more late nights.... though only a two hour time diff....no daylight saving in 2008 apparently.

I've been fixated on the tour de france over the last few weeks.

Yeah, WW, me too. Never been a great fan of this sport in the past, but I'm well-and-truly hooked on this after staying up 'til all hours watching as it all unfolds. 'Hero' is a word that's used far too often these days, but these riders are among the greatest sportsmen around, and I have a new-found respect and admiration for these guys.
Cadel Evans might not win the Tour de France this year, but I still remember vividly the America's Cup and our 'winged keel' years ago.
Tonight, I'm hoping for a 'winged heel'.
Go, Cadel .....
Amy
Edit: Just found out that this last stage doesn't affect the current standings, and that Cadel can't win this year. Nevertheless, a great spectacle overall, and the scenery was quite spectacular, too.

Last edited:
Yeah, WW, me too. Never been a great fan of this sport in the past, but I'm well-and-truly hooked on this after staying up 'til all hours watching as it all unfolds. 'Hero' is a word that's used far too often these days, but these riders are among the greatest sportsmen around, and I have a new-found respect and admiration for these guys.
Cadel Evans might not win the Tour de France this year, but I still remember vividly the America's Cup and our 'winged keel' years ago.
Tonight, I'm hoping for a 'winged heel'.
Go, Cadel .....
Amy
Edit: Just found out that this last stage doesn't affect the current standings, and that Cadel can't win this year. Nevertheless, a great spectacle overall, and the scenery was quite spectacular, too.

Oh i am a massive Le Tour Fan... i have been running a tipping comp on Oztips and it is bloody hard. Next year i will post on here so that you can all be involved.

TV sucks.

ABC1 and 2 are really good - SBS has some great shows.

other than that, it's AbFab DVDs, Voyager series, Gilmore Girls and McLeod's Daughters.

Did anyone watch Heroes when it was on? The kids got me nto that one.

I don't really have a favourite, but love most shows on ABC 1 and 2, and some SBS.:)

Regards Jo

I'm really enjoying "Dexter" on Ch10, the best new show I've seen for a while. I like the depth in the stories, and that it doesn't neatly resolve an investigation in the allotted 42 minutes.

For trashy reality TV, I like "The Nest". Anialka (sp?) is atrocious.

I'm quite enjoying Dexter atm, and liked the Underbelly series too (not that I saw it on TV, being a Victorian).
I liked Heroes when it was on - whatever happened to it?
And despite the fact that it frustrates me, and I tell myself I'm going to stop watching it, I can't seem to give up Lost.

Lily

Back