Unexpected good customer service

Being a last minute person, I've just finished my Christmas shopping.
I did 90% of it in Kmart Castle Hill (sydney)... I'm somewhat incapacitated at the moment and needed to keep it simple.

I dont usually shop at Kmart..... but I was so surprised at the high level of customer service (particularly compared to target/Myer)

There were lots of staff around, and I would asked them questions about 10 times. They went and found items, found me a trolley, found pricing for me, answered general questions etc. The check out staff were also helpful, quick and friendly.

Maybe its just that my expectations were very low, given that they are focused on their low pricing in their TV adverts.
But with a strong focus on low prices, I was really impressed that they also had so many helpful staff. Myer and Target could learn alot from them!

I found Myer customer service to be non-existent. There is a retravision store near where we stay which is family owned, excellent service. I find family owned shops have the great service because it is in their interest to keep customers coming. For the same item in Myer ( which was on sale), I was able to get it (50 less) cheaper at retravision and that was just the store's regular price.

How does your shopping get influenced by the customer service you receive?

:)

Back