USA adventure

Many of the frequent readers will be aware that I'm in the USA checking out the commercial property market here, and quite a few have expressed an interest in hearing how things are going. I'll be here another 3 weeks.

I'm looking at blocks of apartments and also some industrial/retail; I'll refine my focus as I get to know the market better. I'm not planning on buying houses, but will post observations on this market if I learn anything significant.

Recent flaming leaves me reluctant to post my observations on the open forum, unfortunately, so I'm keeping a private blog. If you'd like to be invited to view my blog, please PM me with your email address.

Thanks to those who've already expressed interest in reading. :)

Remember I'll need your EMAIL ADDRESS to invite you, though! LOL

Obviously I will keep your email address confidential, as well as any other info (name etc) that might be obvious from your email address.

When I invite you to view the blog, you can either:

1) Accept the invitation using a gmail address, which gives you permanent access and the ability to comment. I'm pretty confident, having tried it out myself, that even then your email is NOT visible to other viewers of the blog. When you comment, you choose the name attached to the comments, it doesn't use your gmail address. If still concerned, you could create a "throwaway" gmail address.

OR

2) You can use the link you'll receive to view as a "guest" for one month, which will get you through to the end of my USA visit.

Invites sent, Andrew and Lawrence, and others who've PM'd. (Except those who forgot email addresses. ;))

I've also got a copy of the parked thread "Why NOT to buy in the USA?" (thanks Rolf), and I plan to reproduce some of the educational portions in the blog.

ozperp

I read your blog, good luck with the prospecting.

Have you considered the potential problems if GM goes into bankruptcy and close the plant?

Also, what happened to the thread "Why NOT to buy in the USA?", I bookmarked it but can't access it now.

Have you considered the potential problems if GM goes into bankruptcy and close the plant?

Also, what happened to the thread "Why NOT to buy in the USA?", I bookmarked it but can't access it now.
I'll address your question within the blog, but suffice to say "yes".

The thread was deleted due to some nasty flaming which leaves me reluctant to discuss my plans in a public forum. I have the text from the thread and will reproduce the educational bits in the blog over the coming days. :)

Good onya ozperp. Can't wait to re-read parts of the old thread. Good luck with all your ground work over there...........watch out for them thar ca$h cow$ maaa'm ;)

good to hear it's going so well.

i love the sums of buying an apartment block over there.

info

at

bluecardindustries

dot

com

I've now posted all the relevant bits from the old "Why NOT to buy in the USA?" thread on my blog. I hadn't realised just how long it had gotten! I've broken it up into digestible chunks, and tried to give a helpful title to each chunk. The title of each blog post indicates which ones are reproductions from Somersoft, so that you can skip them if you just want to read the new stuff, that I'm learning on this trip.

I've processed all the requests to view the blog that I've received up until 11am Monday, so if you PM'd me and have not yet received an invitation, something has gone wrong; please PM me again.

Thanks for taking the time to post on your blog Tracey. A great read, and I look forward to hearing of the deals that make the shortlist.

Cheers,
Horizon

Back