Value of garage, storage, carport?

I'm about to settle on a property in Perth with a fully renovated period house and absolutely no garden, drive, storage etc. etc. Imagine a new house on a vacant block.

I'm trying to work out the best bang for buck in terms of what I put there to attract tenants. I have to landscape and put in lawn, garden beds etc.

Anyone have any thoughts on the 'minimum' necessary to be attractive.
The house is in a nice suburb with most houses around in good nic, nice gardens, garages etc.

My intial thoughts (in addition to landscape) are drive for 2 cars, carport and minor waterproof garden storage.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers,

Ralph

By drive do u mean a carport or simply a driveway. Carport = $$$.
Other than that lots of tan-bark and low maintenance plants/trees. Olive trees are evergreen and don't need much work at all.

Cheers :D

Cheers,

By drive I meant paved / concrete. But am also expecting to need to put in a carport (that's what the PM thinks anyway.................)

Ralph

undercover parking is always looked upon favourably by those who have a car. It is less expensive than a garage so a good option. I think it is a good idea, as is the garden shed or other waterproof stoarage area.

You could probably get a carport and a shed for less dosh than just doing the lug.

Carfeul with the specs for the car port, if you dig down a certain depth u could be up for a retaining wall (eeek big dollars)

"period house" swoooooon, sounds like my dream home! :)

Back