Vendor Finance Association response to Dept. NSW Media Release

Hi,

Recently the NSW Department of Fair Trading released two media packs on Vendor Finance, the links are shown here...

Meagher launches the facts on vendor finance - 5 April 2004

Fact Sheet - FTR36 - Vendor Finance

The Association have reviewed these documents and have sent back feedback on these documents along with arranging a time to meet with the compliance department regarding vendor finance.

Please see attachment for feedback document (it was easier than trying to format the whole thing here - and it's easier to read)

Regards
Michael Gruber

Attachments

• 040604_NSWFairTrading.pdf
    65.9 KB · Views: 441
Micheal G

Michael Gruber is recognised as one of Australia's leading wrap experts by national real estate advocate Neil Jenman.

No offence but this Neil Jenman signature sounds a little silly/odd. Does it add to your credibility?

Hmm, you may want to fix the sentence that says
I am disappointed that the work we have done over the last 12 months with Ian Clyde, Chairman of the Uniform Consumer Credit Code.

Looks like there is a bit missing on the end of the sentence?

There's a fair few blatant grammatical errors in your response. You might want to correct those if you want the response to be taken seriously. IMO it reads like an emotional response that was hastily put together.

I would question your responses to the case studies too.

It could be better to highlight that there are information packs available for potential customers and their legal adivsers to ensure adequate protection is in place.

Hi,

Thanks for your comments (the Jenman signature is only displayed on this forum).

It does sound a bit emotional doesn't it? I'll review this later.

Regards
Michael Gruber

A couple of things that came to my mind:

1. It's way too long. If I was minister, I'd lose interest past the 3rd or 4th paragraph and give it to a minion to file. Try 1 page max with appendices.

2. It gets into the detail that the minister wouldn't care much about. Leave that for the backroom policy wonks in her department.

3. Ministers are very busy people. Why should he/she contact someone's office to get a document you think worth reading? You are lobbying the minister. You are asking her a favour. Make it as easy as possible for her and send it to her (or her department) if it's that important.

4. I agree with Baloo that it's a bit defensive/emotional. Turgid is another word that springs to mind. I've worked in a politician's office and such long screeds are often dismissed and chucked in the wpb.

5. There should be a clear request on your part so that you make it as easy as possible for the minister to say 'yes'. Why not try to set up a process of relationship building and mutual education, possibly starting with a meeting with the minister and/or her advisers or the department?

Regards, Peter

Back