Vendor Finance Association media release to A Current Affair 20/11/03

The T.V. show A Current Affair today asked the Vendor Finance Association for their view for a segment on their show which we have been given to understand, will air tonight.

This is the media release given to them today;

The association wishes it be made known that the people recently highlighted in the media are not members of the association.

The association is concerned that there may be operators in the market place who do not operate within the guidelines set down by the association.

The association is working in conjunction with governing bodies to produce information kits to help educate interested bodies in the use of vendor financing techniques

Thank you

Rick Otton

Regards
Michael Gruber
President
Vendor Finance Association

Nice reply by Rick, MG...

But I wouldn't trust ACA as far as I could throw them, and to think, I can still remember when they were a serious, journalistic programme...

They have become sensationalistic and badgering and the sooner they chill out a little the better...

(Oh, and I love Ray's heartfelt, gee that was awful, at the end of some segments, immediately followed by 'now, if you know anyone who we can beat up on the show, please call us'... (can't remember his exact wording, but that's the gist of it...).)

Well, we know what your reply was, let's see what they make of it!

asy :D

Originally posted by Lissy
Well, I must be blind, but I didn't see anything on A Current Affair. I turned it on specially!
Same here, didnt see a thing, although I did miss a couple of minutes.

But, Lissy, did you see the bit on Mobile Telephones ?.
The guy with 3 pre-paid mobiles, and he just pays the bill when it comes in without really looking at it ? At least that's what I thought I heard. My pre-paid doesnt get a bill, I pre-pay it !!
:confused: :confused: :confused: Did I hear it right ?

Hi,

I could only assume it was for tonight. But I can confirm ACA have approached us, and we have faxed them and our spokes person has been in contact with them.

As to when (or if) they air, I cannot say.

Michael Gruber
President
Vendor Finance Association

Back