Vendor Finance options

I need some advice or thinking outside of the box. I want to buy an owner occupied property which could be worth from $450 - $550k. At the moment I have approx $38k at my disposal and no current property to leverage off.

I was wandering if the following could be possible. Put down the deposit and vendor finance the balance for 12-18 months and then refinance. OR vendor finance the remaining part of the deposit to make up the 20%, borrow 80% from bank and pay off the vendor finance amount with interest and/or with an end date in mind ... say 3-5 years depending on the amount.

Also my local area doesn't have any properties currently available on vendor finance. If I find a property I wish to purchase (which I have seen many), how can I get the vendor to consider vendor finance and will the real estate be supportive or talk them out of it?

I do appreciate any assistance and advice.

If you vendor finance the balance for 18 months what if you cannot refinance out in time? The Vendor could repossess the property and you could lose your $38k.

If you go the vendor financing of the deposit I think you will find it very hard to find a lender willing to accept this.

Keep saving or you have enough deposit now for a 95% ish loan which are available through many lenders (although with stricter than normal requirements).

$500,000
+ $2500 costs
(no stamp duty if you are first home owner and in nsw. This finishes on the 31/12/2011
though).
-$38,000 deposit
- $7000 fhog
=$457,500 loan required
= 91% lvr
= say $9k mortgage insurance which can be borrowed and added to the loan.

agreed about if can do myself I would prefer too. I have owned property before so I am not a FHB. Also I am mainly commission based so the main issue I have is that I need 10% genuine savings OR 20% deposit.

Wow , that's an expensive place for regional , isn't there anything 1/2 that around for a start ?

At any rate , mine are all regional so I've had to do quite a few tricks over the years, which always makes me laugh when I read "outside the box ' around here - if only they knew !
20% on that sort of amount is still lots of extra mooler to find on vt , you'd certainly want to have the old safety net built into the agreement encase you had any prob's.
Forget agents , doing this stuff through agents is a nightmare when it can be done very simply between you seller and any good solicitor - which is the biggest
challenge but anyway !
I wrapped a couple of them at the start , reno'd ,resold , just paid
out the balnce owing on wrap , kept the change.
Others I negotiated 20-40% with owner and found banks willing to go the balance on thatarrangement , which took a bit but doable , a good broker can help with that.

Another thing , if there's plenty around you'll find someone willing but you just have to be prepared for a few knock backs.

Good luck

thanks Random. Appreciate the support. To get anything near town on acres is frightfully expensive. Anyone would think we were living in Sydney. The only reason I am considering this is that I would prefer my dream home I can stay in for the next say 30-40 years. Also with the land there is the possibility of subdivision as the regional town grows.

I will keep looking and thinking but thanks for the comments.

No worries , good luck . You'll get something and I know you won't wanna know this but you may have to lower your sights a little though.
Something very coincidental , I wanted that 3 states and 6 houses ago but it did take a climb in the end but hey , never listen to anybody telling you never , anything's possible.

Cheers

Back