Vendor Finance / Wrapper opportunity

Wrappers...

A friend of mine refered a couple to me who our company can’t get conventional finance for.

So I thought that this forum is such a great resource that I would post it for you all to pick to bits, and hopefully know some who can offer a solution.

They are leasing a property that has written into the lease an option to buy for $65000, (30k below market value!)

The property is a 3 b/room weather board home in average condition, detached garage, 1 bathroom with the provision there for a second but no plumbing. The house is on bearers and joists on a 800m block (approx) located @ captains Flat NSW.

Captains Flat has a population of approx 300, is an old mining town located 50 minutes south east from Canberra or 40 minutes from Queanbeyan. The Dept of Defence is relocation its Defence head quarters to the eastern side of Queanbeyan with completion due in 2007. This will be approx 30 minutes from Captains Flat. Captains Flat is a very typical country town, with a general store Post Office and a primary school. (Has a cracker pub)

They have lived in the property for 6 months and absolutely love the place it has become quite sentimental as Mum passed away there last year. Their lease expires in ‘10/03. The owner whom I haven’t met is keen to sell, but doesn’t have it listed. It is hard to get a median price for the town but talking to an agent who lists in the area says you can’t get anything under $90k.

This young couple have a take home income of $770 p/week + FAS. They have 2 kids with one on the way. He has been in his job for 3 years (I personally know his boss and he gives him a good wrap, no pun). They have a car loan which they pay $433 p/month and have done without hitch for the past 18 months.

They have 3 paid defaults (1 x Telstra, 1 x cellular one, and 1 x CBA overdrawn account totaling $1600) $7000 FHOG and a gift of $6000 from mums estate. I have spoken with another wrapper but they are out of funds. There is a good opportunity here for someone, but it will need to be financed @ 80% LVR as the post code is 2623

I have visited them and read their lease. I believe that they are a good credit risk just need a chance to get into their own home. They are aware that I’m searching for vendor finance for them and I’ve explained to them basically how it works.

If you know any wrapper who would be interested please PM me or you can talk to me @ the freestylers evening Tuesday night 13th May @ Olims in Canberra.

Mr Ed

Bit cynical Fredo.

When I have a client I can't help I always try to find them something else out of a sense of seeing the job through and meeting an expectation of someone who has come for help.

If you do the right thing by people the money always comes one way or another. Even if they just tell their friends how hard you tried.

Send me the details Mr Ed and I will see what I have in my bag of tricks.

Cheers,

Simon,

I thought that some of the deals you posted in the past were of value. But I understand that you got flamed (privately) for posting them, even though they weren't to your benefit. That was a pity. I would hope that past experience does not stop you posting them again.

Mr Ed,

Not a wrapper (yet), but also not sure of finance (yet). I'd like to discuss.

Whats in it for you Mr Ed

Yep fair call, actually nothing at this stage, I suppose I could buy the place and onsell it and split the margin with the current tennants but they are genuine people and the only chance left that I can see is advertising here.

They were refered to me by a good client and friend so I feel that I should do all I can. I like you have this resource and I thought that I should use it. so what's in it for Mr Ed, well lets hope a nice bottle of red.

Not a wrapper (yet), but also not sure of finance (yet). I'd like to discuss.

I'll see you at Olims...

Send me the details Mr Ed and I will see what I have in my bag of tricks.

I hope there is a wand in there, I'll give you a call.

Mr Ed,

Drop me an email mate. I have found a lender who will consider this client at 6.1% variable rate. One of the major lenders too!

Looks like there is a bit of magic in this old wand after all!

Cheers,

Mr Ed,

I'd like to hear the eventual outcome of this one - has Simon waved a magic wand? If all parties are willing, I think we'd all like to hear how it stacked up.

Could be a good learning curve for a lot of us (e.g. don't think that CRAA defaults are the "end of the world" perhaps....)

Or have I got it wrong here??

Please post what you can - I'd be interested to hear the outcome...

Regards,

To give you all an update...

Simon did manage to find his Harry Potter Wand but when I gave the final options to the tennants they wanted to go the way of vendor finance.

Why did they want to do that I hear you ask... Well they had been to two lenders and had been knocked back due to defaults, Location, and non saved deposit. When they new the wrapper would buy it and do the deal this seemed to overide the benefit of going to another lender who may or may not do it. I think because the Vendor finance was in the bag they chose that.

It still hasn't finally gone through but this is the way it'll go.

Wrapper is going to buy the property for cash.

Getting independant valuer to value it.

Tennant is buying it for $90k or valuation whichever is less (My homework suggests $100 - $115k valo)

Wrapper will refinance it @ 80% a couple of months down the road.

Wrapper is from the forum here (no names need to be supplied) and has agreed to a nice bottle of Red only.

Tennant is happy, I'm happy, wrapper is happy.

Nice win win all round.

Mr Ed.

BTW Thanks to all the PM re this too.

Back