Vendor "listing" property with buyer's agent and not real estate agent?

I'm curious to know how many vendors contact buyer's agents in order to try to market a house "quietly", ie. the buyer's agent contacts clients wanting such a house, and vendor don't have to go through the usual selling process?

Would that mean the vendor potentially misses out on having it on the open market, on the internet and therefore, possibly having two or more people who really want to buy, therefore potentially pushing the price up?

By letting vendor's agents know a house is "on the market" the vendor would save on agent's commission but what is the potential downside (apart from maybe having two people really want the house - possibly not going to happen in the current market)?

I'm curious to know how many vendors contact buyer's agents in order to try to market a house "quietly", ie. the buyer's agent contacts clients wanting such a house, and vendor don't have to go through the usual selling process? Not sure on numbers, usually people ask real estate agents to sell it "on the quiet" for them.

Would that mean the vendor potentially misses out on having it on the open market, on the internet and therefore, possibly having two or more people who really want to buy, therefore potentially pushing the price up? Yes, did the vendor get the best price? They will never know.

By letting vendor's agents know a house is "on the market" the vendor would save on agent's commission but what is the potential downside (apart from maybe having two people really want the house - possibly not going to happen in the current market)? A vendors agent or a buyers agent? The vendor will pay, there could be a conflict of interest as buyers agents earn a fee from the buyer.

Sorry... Last paragraph I said "vendor's agent" but meant to say "buyer's agent" continuing the general theme and direction of the whole post.

Back