VICTORIA - planning schemes - help

Hi All,

Have purchased a property and it's within its cooling off period. I have a question when trying to decipher the planning scheme:

https://www.knox.vic.gov.au/Files/MeetingsCouncil/2013_Item_6_5_App_C.pdf

Page 112 has many standards listed in Section 2.0 "Requirements of Clause 54 and Clause 55" regarding GRZ2

Some standards are listed, e.g. A10 and B17, and in the requirements column it states "None Specified". Does this mean that the requirements of A10 and B17 do not apply as there are no requirements specified for those standards?

That's how I interpret it, but if someone has knowledge that would be great!

What's the location in knox and what do you intend to do with it? I can give what ever knowledge I have as I'm in knox.

It's not about the location, more about the wording of the Knox planning document and whether "none specified" refers to the standards themselves or extra requirements.

It's not about the location, more about the wording of the Knox planning document and whether "none specified" refers to the standards themselves or extra requirements.

I asked council and they said that if none specified in the schedule, the existing requirement in Clause 54 & 55 will be applied. Basically GRZ2 is very similar as existing RZ1.

"None specified" means that Knox hasn't applied anything that is different to Rescode for that particular Standard. For example, if a particular Standard within the schedule refers to the Secluded Private Open Space, and it states "none specified", what this means is that the general Rescode rule applies (40m2). Some councils have their own requirements and they would state this requirement rather than the "none specified" remark within the schedule.

Hope that makes sense. It is a bit messy.

Oscar

"None specified" means that Knox hasn't applied anything that is different to Rescode for that particular Standard. For example, if a particular Standard within the schedule refers to the Secluded Private Open Space, and it states "none specified", what this means is that the general Rescode rule applies (40m2). Some councils have their own requirements and they would state this requirement rather than the "none specified" remark within the schedule.

Hope that makes sense. It is a bit messy.

Oscar

Thanks for that. That clears things up. What they should have as titles for the columns would be "standard conditions" and "extra conditions".

Thanks for that. That clears things up. What they should have as titles for the columns would be "standard conditions" and "extra conditions".

It's one of those things that if you know the answer it makes sense but if you're a layman it makes no sense.

So the scheme I am looking at states this:

The schedule to this zone may specify the requirements of:
 Standards A3, A5, A10, A17 and A20 of Clause 54 of this scheme.
 Standards B6, B8, B17, B28 and B32 of Clause 55 of this scheme.

If a requirement is not specified in the schedule to this zone, the requirement set out in the relevant standard of Clause 54 or Clause 55 applies.

Does this mean that standard A4 does not apply to this scheme?

Back