Wa multi dwelling blanket ban

Atm city of stirling in wa are trying to put a blanket ban on all multi dwelling developments under r60 zoning. This will devalue alot of sites and prevent future developments.

if they succeed it is likely other councils will follow.
If this will effect you in anyway or anyone you know please sign the attached petition so that all developments can be assesed on the merits and cons alone.

Thanks alot

http://www.stopstirling.com.au/index.html

I think they are going to embarass themselves. It goes directly against the ethos of Directions 2031 and providing sustainable, affordable dwellings for all people in their boundaries.

WAPC will smack them down I hope. They are already on the edge for not allowing it for R30 but no one has taken them to task/WAPC/SAT for it.

interesting stuff.

Have Stirling officially made application for the planning amendments?

I am guessing so, or if not they must be close. They have been planning to go down this route for quite a while now.

I think they are going to embarass themselves. It goes directly against the ethos of Directions 2031 and providing sustainable, affordable dwellings for all people in their boundaries.

WAPC will smack them down I hope. They are already on the edge for not allowing it for R30 but no one has taken them to task/WAPC/SAT for it.

It does look likely it will be dismissed as alot of energy and time has gone into directions 2031 and i just cant see how wapc will willingly roll over on the matter as it does go against everything.

But how can we really be sure?

cheers

Well I found out yesterday that one JVP deal to build 6 multis on a R40 block won't be going ahead as it's too risky in case Stirling do get their way.
They have decided not to purchase the block and will look at other areas in stead.
A town planner I spoke with yesterday also said that Stirling is now inundated with DAs for multis so that people can get approval before any decision is made, just in case.
So with that comes longer lead times for just about anything in Stirling. Sigh.
It wouldn't bother me normally but I agreed to help my aunt do a development in Stirling.

Well I found out yesterday that one JVP deal to build 6 multis on a R40 block won't be going ahead as it's too risky in case Stirling do get their way.
They have decided not to purchase the block and will look at other areas in stead.
A town planner I spoke with yesterday also said that Stirling is now inundated with DAs for multis so that people can get approval before any decision is made, just in case.
So with that comes longer lead times for just about anything in Stirling. Sigh.
It wouldn't bother me normally but I agreed to help my aunt do a development in Stirling.

Which is a shame.

Are they still assessing all these new da's or trying to hold them untill the decision has been made?

Cheers

Just received a letter from city of stirling proposing these changes.

Proposal to exclude multiple dwellings coded below r60.

They are asking for submissions on or before the 3 July 2014.

I suggest everyone let them know how disgraceful this is.

Just received a letter from city of stirling proposing these changes.

Proposal to exclude multiple dwellings coded below r60.

They are asking for submissions on or before the 3 July 2014.

I suggest everyone let them know how disgraceful this is.

I got my letter too.
Seems not to be a total blanket ban - it says no to multiple dwellings outside of local activity centres.
Considering that some of Stirling is practically inner city (Mt Lawley) surely they have to allow them there but no........

Back