Wackiest warning winners

From New Scientist :)

Here are the winnners of the M-LAW competition for wackiest warning label of the year:

1st prize - Do not use for personal hygiene – on a toilet brush

2nd prize - This product moves when used – from a child’s scooter

Previous winners have included:
  • Remove child before folding – on a baby’s buggy
  • Once used rectally, the thermometer should not be used orally - on a digital thermometer
  • Never remove food or other items from the blades while the product is operating - on an electric hand blender
  • Harmful if swallowed – on a three-pronged brass fishing lure.
  • Do not use this product as a toy, pillow, or flotation device - on a bag of air used as a packing material
  • Do not use as a ladder – on a 30cm tall CD rack
  • Never iron clothes while they are being worn - on a household iron
  • Do not use the Silence Feature in emergency situations. It will not extinguish a fire - on a smoke detector
  • Do not eat toner - on a laser printer cartridge
  • And on a pair of cyclist’s shin guards – Shin pads cannot protect any part of the body they do not cover.
Source: http://www.newscientist.com/lastword.ns

Cheers,

Aceyducey

This forum post should not be taken orally.

There was (according to urban legend) a warning on a chainsaw- "Do not touch blade while saw is operating"- put there because someone who injured himself argued that such a warning had not been given.

Probably apocryphal, but a good story.

One thing that amused me recently at a laundromat in the US was a warning label: "check clothes dryer for children before use"

I can imagine it might be a problem for the unobservent !

Hmmm warnings

I just luv ones like this - If you were in the Navy and on the Hmas Melbourne and used a Jason pistol you may have been exposed to berillium "warning Berillium is dangerous" go and get yourself tested...we knew it was a hazard but couldnt be bothered to warn you at the time....

Glad to get that off my chest....sorry just realised Ive changed the tone of the thread. :eek:

Aceyducey said:
BTW - here's the original source: www.mlaw.org/wwl/

It's enough to drive you to www.despair.com !

Cheers,

Aceyducey
Acey,

www.despair.com is a crackup! One of my personal fave sites.

My two favourite quotes are

Curiousity - "There are no stupid questions. There are, however, a lot of inquisitive idiots"

Incompetence - "If you sincerely believe that you can succeed by redoubling your efforts, there's no limit to what you can't do".

If you want another source of silly behaviour, try fark.com

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Jireh

surf's down

I saw a surf-board shaped rug for sale in Spotlight carrying the warning " not to be used as a flotation device" Der!

Back