WANTED: Horror Stories About Property Investing

I am a property investor magazine columnist who is looking for true horror stories from people who have invested or tried investing in property. You can write to me anonymously or use your true name, but you must give a return email address so I can verify and check accuracy with you if I use your story.

Please contact me on [email protected]

Thanks in advance to everyone who genuinely responds.

Do you mean like buying properties that are haunted with ghosts? ;)

I own some very old properties, that may be the case but not sure how to spot a ghost! ;)

I own some very old properties

I reckon topcropper's farm might be older than all of ours put together. It'd be a cuppla billion years old at least.....maybe the topsoil might be a bit younger, but not much I'd reckon.

My Horror

About 15 years ago somebody told me about cheap houses in the (La Trobe) Valley. Seems you could get a place for $30k and rent it for $100 p/w.

I thought it was crazy as the area was in decline but I figured after a few years of rent, you'd still have the land if the tenant totally trashed and burned the place!

Here's the horror! I didn't do anything and waited many, many years before I bought my first IP.

If only I had acted on that info at that time. 20/20 hindsight is perfect vision.

I still have nightmares about it to this day! :p

I am a property investor magazine columnist who is looking for true horror stories from people who have invested or tried investing in property. You can write to me anonymously or use your true name, but you must give a return email address so I can verify and check accuracy with you if I use your story.

Please contact me on [email protected]

Thanks in advance to everyone who genuinely responds.

You're fishing in the wrong pond.

Try this site www.globalhousepricecrash.com

They have so many ghastly experiences (and predictions) that will turn anyone off property investment forever!!

Last edited:
Back