WARNING - First National Peak Central Cockburn Perth

Well folks here goes!

I have always been a great believer in protecting other investors and i aim to make this post factual to protect the forum and it's members but also feel it is important that others considering using these guys to market their properties do so with their eyes fully open.

A colleague was looking to rent a property at 1300 per week for a 3 bed furnished property in South Perth. It was poorly marketed and had been up for rent for some time and i advised him to visit it as i knew the location and thought the marketing was letting it down.

He paid his option fee and bond money and during the negotiation process asked for a few simple issues to be resolved before signing the lease today, these were as follows:

1 - Lounge suite to be cleaned (Large Corner set up with ample seats no need to replace)

2 - 6x Dining table chairs to be replaced as they were old/damaged and didn't match the table

All reasonable requests i am sure you will agree?

He was notified yesterday that the lounge suite had been removed and replaced with a simple 3 seater and the 6 dining room chairs had been replaced with 4.

He raised concerns at this as he was assured that they would be replaced on a like for like basis (Settee didn't even need replaced)

He decided to visit the agent at First National Peak Central today to sign the lease hoping the very minor issues could be resolved.

His main concern was ample seating for the family and guests and the same for the dining table.

I went with him and can only describe the attitude of the agent as shocking!

I have never met anyone so rude to a potential tenant especially one who has already paid his bond etc over something so minor.

If she was representing me as the owner of the property i would be livid!

We asked her to contact the owner so that he could escalate and resolve what were very minor issues before signing the lease, she pulled the old confidential card claiming the owner was unreachable.

Long story short he decided against signing the lease and the agent has now "lost" a potential tenant due to being very stubborn and failing to resolve the furnishings issue.

I can assure you that i have never seen anything so unprofessional in my life, her attitude and contempt were like going back 20 years.

Be warned if you are thinking of using First National think twice!!!!

Regards

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
why on earth did your mate pay his bond before signing the lease? he should have made those conditions clear on his application because they could probably keep his option fee now.

not discounting what you're saying by the way, someoen else i know well had a shocking episode recently with a prominent western suburbs agency when it came to a fully furnished rental. the level of incompetence and contempt was outstanding

Back