Wasteful expenditure

I find it so hard to give up my daily coffee... I know it's a waste of $35 a fortnight but I feel like I "need" my caffeine. Silly Fokas!

Need more Fokas?Try Armodafinil.
Cheaper than coffee supposedly.
Note:I have not tried Armodafinil and nothing substitutes a good diet/exercise and a good nights sleep.

You can buy coloring at the store for under $10.
Rob has been coloring my hair for me since we married 11 years ago.
Ha,i use to color my ex's hair,she enjoyed her scalp massage that much,it was goodnight :p

Cheers Spades.

I don't buy digital books. Otherwise we would have been bankrupt or something! And I have a self imposed rule of seeking permission from wife to buy books online :D What costs more is dymocks! But the addiction is under control in recent times and I reckon I will "quit" soon.

Join an online library and download free, albeit time limited, ebooks to read.

Dude! Drop foxtel and download stuff to watch!

Try netflix (US) or quickflix (Oz) for dirt cheap streaming TV shows and movies. Netflix is the cheapest (US$8 per month) and has a much greater selection, but requires some simple free computer geo fooling to get working (hola for firefox). Connect your computer up to your HDTV and Bob's your uncle!

Try netflix (US) or quickflix (Oz) for dirt cheap streaming TV shows and movies. Netflix is the cheapest (US$8 per month) and has a much greater selection, but requires some simple free computer geo fooling to get working (hola for firefox). Connect your computer up to your HDTV and Bob's your uncle!

That would be really good if you had the internet capacity for it.

Hi Homepage,

Any advertisements?Those SS popups can be real a distraction :p

Cheers Spades.

Don't know if mentioned, but thought of this thread just now for:

Personalised/custom number plates, most simply don't need them and the ongoing cost is high.

Not silly at all. It was our doing without (within reason) when we were younger, that meant we could acquire properties (slowly) and has meant that now in our early 50s we can pretty much do what we want, spend what we want (within reason) and have a nice balance.
I meant as in, silly for me for not being able to give that up...
Good to hear you have a good balance!

Don't know if mentioned, but thought of this thread just now for:

Personalised/custom number plates, most simply don't need them and the ongoing cost is high.
Oh; I don't know....

as a "look at me!" item, it may be one of the cheaper ones you can immerse yerself in....other than selfies on FB. :eek:

Brand new X5's are a very expensive "look at me" for example.

A colleague has a low 3 digit vic plate on a old beaten up ute - very cool. Daughters friend has one, yes 1 on an older high end Benz for mum.
Ultimate pose and look at me value. Personally I'd prefer the dough but horses for courses isn't it

I wouldn't ever pay for a set of custom plates, but I don't mind seeing some of the more amusing ones.

Around town we have both PMS 247 and MEH 247.

California always seemed to have a lot- perhaps they're much cheaper. I don't know if this guy was a dentist or a vet: IFIXK9S

Holy crap... where do I start?!

1. Pers Plates - Check
2. Daily Coffee - Check
3. Muscle Car - Check
4. Ducati - Check
5. Trail Bike - Check
6. Weekender - Check
7. Annual Overseas Vacations - Check
8. Eating out whenever I/we feel like it - Check
9. Regular Cinema Visits - Check
10. Buyers Remorse - NEVER!

Life is for living.... ;)

Our "wasteful spending" comes intermittently. Good for a while, but when we do buy something it's usually expensive. Recently bought a $3000 coffee machine but I must confess I got it from Grays Online and it was half price :D

Also gourmet food, books and travel. Have resisted too much gadgetry so far.

OMG a $3000 coffee machine!!!!:eek: And I thought my recent $1939 Thermomix was extravagant!
Most of my expenses could be considered wasteful but what I really love splurging on is kitchen stuff and cooking/baking knicknacks. I'm getting right into eating wholefoods and making my food from scratch and buying all the organic ingredients is pretty expensive (but worth it).
And I love e-books, and clothes - way too many clothes!

Getting your hair professionally done is definately NOT a wasteful expense in my books, it is a necessity esp when going blonde :D

Yeah Im probably not the best when it comes to what others here would term wasteful :p

When I start thinking about my frivolous spending ways...Im surprised we have any money left. eek...

Daily coffee - sometimes 2 and Im VERY discerning about where i get it! My latest fave coffee shop charges $5 a latte
Good wine - Im sorry but somethings i will never sacrifice
Im a foodie so grocery bills are always high! but on the flip side I prefer to cook every night then do conveniance/take away foods
On the other hand - we tend to go out to dinner on average once a week/possibly once a fortnight. With 2 A/2 C that can be expensive but we dont ever do takeaways so thats how we justify it!
I go to the gym and hot yoga at least twice a week. I dont have a membership to either so i just buy 10 visit passes. Definately not the cheapest way to do it!!!
I get a monthly pedicure and shellac nails done (so much nicer than those horrible claws that all the women have these days yuck)
I have a monthly/6 week service at the beauticians :p
I service my car at the dealer for which Im rewarded with a nice brand new lexus to drive around in for the day instead of going to random automotives and paying half the cost... I know stupidity!
My kids do every single after school activity they want. Instead of me putting my foot down and saying no choose one I wastefully let them fill their afternoons with expensive after school activities.
We go on an OS holiday every year... well except this one (im saving for 8 weeks in europe next year! )
We fly premium economy because hubby is tall and his nagging whinging finally got the better of me!
I go away for a weekend with my girlfriends once a year
I like expensive hotels!!
I buy the expensive petrol!!
I dont use generic medicines
I have a personal trainer (well I did but I havent been to him for a while!!)
Im stilling paying for the "TOP" family health cover even though I know I could drop down to the lesser one :confused:
My internet is with telstra because Im too lazy to shop around and my insurances are with NRMA just because ive been with them for years. I know Im getting ripped by both!! sigh...
Im not a huge shopper but when i do Im a bit partial to a brand name
I have a bit of an expensive handbag addiction BUT i justify this by the fact that I sell my old ones on ebay and often get much what I bought them for the previous season.... Hubby is convinced Im lying about this but trust me the resale on a good quality Oroton bag 12 months old = the David Jones RRP less 50% end of season sale... TRUE!
Oh and last but not least I do love a David Jones sale, Myer not so much!

Gosh when I think about it its kinda terrible! BUT...

There are places i do save - We dont do foxtel :rolleyes:

And it hasnt always been like this either. I can still remember when we bought our first house and hubby lost his job and if it wasnt for the mega choko vine in the back yard we would have starved!

Ive had some profound things happen in the last couple of years that have made me consciously decide to live in the moment. Our investments have done us well and what seems like a waste to some, is to me an investment in our lives and happiness. Yes I could forgo these things if i had to and obviously if we were less financially secure I would...but you know what my life now is about the now. That said... typing this list has given me some mental notes to maybe do a quick reassess of a couple of things!

Both my parents did an amazing job of putting away for their retirement so they could have a carefree financially secure retirement and both of them died before they got a chance to enjoy it.

I wont make that mistake....

Off to buy myself another latte!

R xx

Back