We did it.:)

Hello to all you wonderful folk in forum land. Thanks to all your invaluable information we have been able to buy our first IP. A nice blonde brick 50's number in Ballarat. It pretty much ticks all the boxes so we're pretty happy. So now onto the next phase. I need to get house insurance and rental insurance?? can anyone recommend a policy. Also any trust worthy trades people in Ballarat. Yah the journey has begun.
cheers Chickenrittle
:)

Congratulations on purchasing your first investment property !

Yes, get both building and landlord's insurance.

Hello to all you wonderful folk in forum land. Thanks to all your invaluable information we have been able to buy our first IP. A nice blonde brick 50's number in Ballarat. It pretty much ticks all the boxes so we're pretty happy. So now onto the next phase. I need to get house insurance and rental insurance?? can anyone recommend a policy. Also any trust worthy trades people in Ballarat. Yah the journey has begun.
cheers Chickenrittle
:)

congrats, onwards and upwards

Well done chickenrittle! May there be many more to come.

Yes, if you haven't done so already you should take out building and landlord's insurance ASAP.

Well done!

That is the hardest one to buy.

Now you will have no (much less) fear.

Can I suggest you only look at properties built after 1987 in future.

These have 40 year depreciation deduction on the building and will really improve your tax returns/cashflow from your IP's.

50's numbers maybe cheap, but you're not maximising all your possibilities.

Back