Wealthnet club

The latest issue of "Wealth Creator" magazine has two free tickets to a Wealthnet event.

Speakers:
Gold Coast, Saturday 11th September. Justin Herald
Melbourne, Saturday 18th September. Greg Hocking & Andrew Stuart
Sydney, Saturday 25th Septmember. Sue Ismiel & daughters
Brisbane, Saturday 2nd October. Simon Baker - CEO realestate.com.au

General admission is $99.95. www.wealthnetclub.com.au

I will be attending the Gold Coast meeting and am interested in the Brisbane one as well.

WaySolid

It's good!

I attended this mornings WealthNet club meeting on the Gold Coast and was so impressed that I signed up to be a member for 12 months.

The outline of the morning was:

8:30 registration
9:05 Reuben Buchanan gave an overview + house rules. Reuben is the publisher of Wealth Creator magazine and creator of the wealthnet club
9:15 Networking: People were directed to various parts of the room based on your interests. There were 6 sections. 1) Professional services 2) Trade services/retail 3) Health, Lifestyle, Education, Personal Development, MLM 4) investors 5) Advertising, Media, Entertainment 6) Young guns (under 18). You have 30 minutes to exchange business cards and network with people in your field of interest, every 3 minutes a bell is rung and you are supposed to start talking to another person, I found this approach novel and quite useful, in the end I wanted it to last longer.
9:45 Industry Expert Speaker: Barry Pickering, Onsite Direct CEO.
10:15 Morning tea - more networking.
10:45 Keynote speaker: Justin Herald - Attitude/Major motication/Attitude performance coaching.
11:45 Lucky prize draw of a book, Join WealthNet club speech, Wrap up.

Full membership package includes:
* Unlimited access to all meetings throughout Australia. Each city runs a minimum of 10 meetings
* Membership includes 10 free guest passes (normally $99 a visit)
* Online benefits: Members listing of your business on the www.wealthnetclub.com.au website. Audio downloads (soon) of past events (looking forward to listening to Soheil Abedian speak)
* Wealth Creator DVD with presentations by Jan Somers (Property), Justin Herald (Attitude), Domenic Carosa (Destra Corporation) and Jim Penman (Jims Mowing)
*12 month subscription to "Wealth Creator" magazine
* Free Teen Wealth Membership. One per membership.

I paid $649 for this. As a bonus for signing on the day I also got a 7 CD collection on business/investing psychology from Justin Herald.

What particulary attracted me to the meetings was the quality of speakers that have attended. In the near future the CEO of realestate.com.au and Alan and Barabara Pease will be talking at the meetings. The speakers are genuine success stories relating their journey rather than professional speakers selling success, which I regard as a very big difference.

I'm very keen to listen to the speech of Soheil Abedian (Sunland group) who spoke last month.

I encountered only one person who knew about either Somersoft or the Brisbane Investors Group, though I told everyone about them :)

WaySolid

Hi there,

I hope that I am not being cynical, but it sounded to me very much like the now disfunct freestylers club. Although there I think it was only $99 th eannual fee if I am correct. I met lots of very interesting people there who also frequenting this Forum and enjoyed it while it lasted in my area, being a westy (Sydney western suburbs).

I hope it will go well for you and you can get lots of valuable things out of it. Please share in 6 or 12 months time your thoughts.

Tibor said:
Hi there,

I hope that I am not being cynical, but it sounded to me very much like the now disfunct freestylers club. Although there I think it was only $99 th eannual fee if I am correct. I met lots of very interesting people there who also frequenting this Forum and enjoyed it while it lasted in my area, being a westy (Sydney western suburbs).

I hope it will go well for you and you can get lots of valuable things out of it. Please share in 6 or 12 months time your thoughts.

Hi Tibor,

I'm attempting to be a cured cynic. Too much of a cynical attitude is bad for your health, though you definitely need some in the property game.

I wouldn't have contemplated paying money for something like this even 6 months ago.

I'm not aware of the Freestylers club. What happened to the club?

I guess $650 can be considered a lot of money. Personally I wouldn't lose any sleep over that amount if the WealthNet club folded tomorrow and there were no more meetings. So I'm very comfortable.

Since the first visit is free for you and a partner anyone from the forum can attend and make up their own minds, there is no hint of a "hard sell" from any direction.

I'm enjoying surrounding myself with smarter people and I enjoy the boost of motivation and inspiration listening to successful people gives me, so I will be back :)

WaySolid

Hi WaySolid,

The most important thing in ANYTHING in life, you would feel comfortable with. I am just an outsider who expresses an OPINION, which could be absolutely incorrect. I hope it goes well as there is a need for it, this is why I asked if you don't mind to give a feed back in a couple of months time.

I attended the Brisbane meeting this morning and had a great time. Simon Baker from realestate.com.au spoke on how he turned a nearly bankrupt company into a winner. Great for anyone running their own business. Great atmosphere of mutual 'lets get wealthy'. Membership fee of $650 is quite reasonable for what you're getting.

Some Background

I hope I'm not too cynical,
BUT
Wealth Creator magazine was set up by Henry Kaye, and Reuben Buchanan was one of his associates.

Reuben is good at what he does and I would assume he has moved on from this past association.

Henry who? :)

Reuben is a very smooth salesperson.

I'm paticulary enjoying these meetings. The first meeting is free so go along and make up your own mind, you are expected to sit through a 10 minute spiel about joining the club at the end but there is certainly no pressure applied.

If you look at the quality of speakers that have talked at the club (Jan Somers, Jin Penman, Soheil Abedian, Simon Baker, Graham Turner soon) then you just have to be impressed, I certainly am. I'm not sold on the quality of the networking done there yet however.

I think it was Groucho Marx who said I don't want to belong to any club that would have me for a member :D

WaySolid

Another report

Yesterday I attended the latest Wealthnet meeting on the Gold Coast.

This particular event was a let down. There was only one speaker today and Reuben Buchanan filled the void by trying to upsell everyone to his "Entrepeneur's Course" ($995 for 2 days). I'm not sure how many times I heard how little money $1000 really was, and what great value I would be getting (yawn). Not only did the marketing go overboard but Reuben actually took so long that the keynote speaker didn't get the time to present all of his material!

Also I found the keynote speaker, Peter Sun (Better Business Institute) less than exciting. I could see the value in some of the ideas he was presenting regarding marketing, and he appears to really know his stuff; but he didn't have time to present what I might have considered the more interesting case examples he had to show (he rushed through the power-point slides at the end + the microphone stopped working). Also his attempts at humour really didn't hit the mark with me, he joked about how his ex-wifes (he has had 3 marriages) favourite book was his cheque book, she never put it down till she had finished it. And he didn't report the stolen credit card because the thief was spending less than his ex (yawn).

Interesting points were that wealthnet will be starting a 10 part TV series next year on Channel 31. And the website will soon have video downloads so that you can see such people as Soheil Abedian speak (looking forward to that).

So I will be going along to the next meeting, but will be checking the schedule closely to try and avoid a repeat of the ambush marketing.

WaySolid

Last edited:
Back