Website - Starting in SE QLD

We are only just getting started in SE QLD - 100% Free site for both agents and private sellers. We do run Australia wide but our focus for the first few months will be QLD.

Good question - We will first work on getting the site established and then consider the revenue model. It will be some type of advertising as we don't have plans to charge for ads placed on the site. It's more important to deliver the service first and think about the money later.

Word of mouth is best always no use going against the grain, if it's any good it will go up the stream like that.

You will need to do nothing.

You are right if the site is good enough word will spread :D

It seems to work quite well on our USA version of the site - Agents / Sellers are making good use of it now. It's free so extra exposure never hurts anyone -

I was probably being a bit blarzea (cant spell it).

I suppose advertising works!! You put an add 'For Sale' sell a property and someone might buy it, they would not know if you didn't.

Once getting going I guess word off mouth kicks in and thats the one that really moves mountain and can make things happen.

Then some sites work and some don't for no real apparent reason.

Often with sites that work and don't work it lies in what most people don't see - Good design, promotion & marketing, SEO and the engine that binds the whole show together - google for example looks quite basic from the users side and few people would know or even care about what drives the monster..

SharonWilson said:
It's free so extra exposure never hurts anyone –
Although the extra exposure on here could be interpreted as spam.

I’m not sure if you have read the forum terms of use. http://www.somersoft.com.au/forum_terms.htm in particular this section.
Forum Terms of Use said:
Use the Forum for the publication of spam, explicit commercial advertising, or of material intended to solicit a person to buy or sell services, to invest in a specific enterprise, or to make donations. However, there may not always be a clear line between sharing information on investment opportunities and using the forum as a place to simply market products and services. If you think that your post might be interpreted as spam, don’t post it. Furthermore, self-promotion should be by way of deeds not ads. Members should make their own assessment of what industry professionals have to offer based on the utility of their contributions to the forum, not the size of their signatures.
Normally your post would have been deleted, but we are hoping for some worthwhile contributions.

Ruby

Back