Wellard vs Golden Bay

For those looking at land and house packages, I would also look at Singleton as I think it represents good value and achieves better sales prices than Golden Bay. Golden Bay has quite a lot of older homes mixed with new. Whereas Singleton is relatively new and area has a nice feel, beautiful Norfolk pines along the major entry road and beach forefront.

I recently sold a house I built in the area 7 years ago as I knew the market was moving and have other projects on the go/to jump into, first home open. Its not a hot market but anything under $500K is starting to move and has been for the last 6 months, so anyone interested needs to jump in before it gets hot. Houses are all walking distance to beach.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential+land-wa-singleton-200772331

Stick a 200 sqm home on this (610 sqm) and I expect you should be able to revalue at $500K, do the sums there is money in this. I think the build should be around $200K, otherwise use Collier, spec up, perhaps cheaper? Larger lot is better value and achieve the higher price of course
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential+land-wa-singleton-200772327

Thanks mtr. Singleton I would have considered if they were west of the main road. In my view being in a coastal area and a fair drive from the coast sucks :p

Thanks mtr. Singleton I would have considered if they were west of the main road. In my view being in a coastal area and a fair drive from the coast sucks :p

Last time I looked walking distance to beach?? Northern corridor land and house packages much further away from beach.

Not sure what you mean by West of main road?

cheers
MTR:)

Yeah I was a bit confused by this also....most of Lakelands and Singleton are about 1-2 klms from the beach....

Anything west of Mandurah Road is considered beachside ie Singleton Madora Bay, Seascapes etc.

Lakelands is actually not considered beachside, however as it has the rail that is the attraction IMO and will help push prices up in this area.

Cheers

Anything west of Mandurah Road is considered beachside ie Singleton Madora Bay, Seascapes etc.

Lakelands is actually not considered beachside, however as it has the rail that is the attraction IMO and will help push prices up in this area.

Cheers

What I meant by last post is that the current releases for singleton and co are actually east of mandurah rd. If they were west (and not 225sqm) I would have considered them. Just like the newest wellard release is actually east of the freeway.

How long until lakelands rail goes in?

What I meant by last post is that the current releases for singleton and co are actually east of mandurah rd. If they were west (and not 225sqm) I would have considered them. Just like the newest wellard release is actually east of the freeway.

How long until lakelands rail goes in?

Got it, I actually have not looked at the new release, there are larger lots.
My property I recently sold was in nice pocket and all these houses walking distance to beach.

Another option perhaps, find something where you can add value, the recent property I sold was ideal because it had rear access, close to beach, large home around 220 sqm, 610 sqm block. I did ask if anyone was interested on SS, no takers.

It had been rented for 7 years and very well maintained, however to add value such as skirtings, update kitchen bench tops to stone enclose theatre area, could possibly achieve close to $500K in this market and just access the equity.

I built it for around $300K land/house and sold for $435K. I could have actually added the value myself, however I have developments on the go now and happy to offload and pump the money into other projects.

http://reiwa.com.au/real-estate/Singleton/3381024

There have been a few very good buys in my opinion as I said where you can add value.

Oops I forgot, lesson learnt here, and how important it is to buy at the right time and offload some, when I completed this home and land package I could have sold it on day 1 for $500K, however in those days I kept everything, 2 years later worth less than $400K, the market has only now just come back after more than 7 years. I am a believer now of taking some money off the table as markets can change.

Cheers
MTR

MTR - Also the Regional Beach will be next to Singleton which should help.

Madora Bay will become the next regional beach for this southern corridor, I believe it has been ratified but when it will happen its not clear?

What do you mean by regional beach? I'm looking at Singleton and really like it, going for a trip down there this week.

Back