Went to buy fish & chips & bought a house

We went for a drive up the coast on Saturday, it was a slow day so thought there wasn't much else to do. Was halfway up to where we were going and got a call on my cellphone. It was the RE Agent who I'd rung about 2 weeks ago enquiring about houses up that way. Told him if anything came up that I would be interested in, could he call me.

Had just had pre-approved finance arranged on Thursday. Had put an offer on a house on Friday that I'd looked at, in my home town, so was still waiting to hear about that one, which the agent was showing the vendors at lunchtime Saturday.

Anyway, this agent from this other town rings, says there's this house I might be interested in, we say we'll come and see it, be there in about an hour. This place is on the outskirts of where the ripple has just reached. Saw this house, the numbers worked for us and we put an offer on it.

On the way home, cellphone rings again. It's the agent from our home town. Our offer hasn't been accepted on the first house, even though it was the highest, they took $4k less because it only had a "subject to title search clause" in it, ours had "subject to finance" because I don't trust the Banks when they say pre-approved. My partner was ropeable.

Anyway, I say YIPPEE!! We got a 2 bedroom house, with a garage, full fenced, no work to be done, on a full quarter acre section for $65,000. And there's big stuff happening in this place within the next 12-18 months, so all I can say is: "we're in the money".

So, 3 IP's this year, only 47 to go!!

Cheers QB:D

QueenBee

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

You were well prepared and your luck found you.

Can't help but wonder - would you have bought both houses if your earlier offer had been accepted?

Congratulations. May the next lucky opportunity not be too far away!

Cheers

Kristine

Hehe,

That reminds me of how I got my IP recently. Went up the shop to get a loaf of bread, came home with a house.

My accountant told me I should use my breadmaker more :)

Anyway, big congrats on your purchase Queen Bee. I hope it a great little earner for you.

great!!!!!! congrats to you ,funny how things happen when you least expect it
hope you eat alot more fish and chips ,,,,you never know what you might buy hehehehehehe

Yep, we did manage to get the fush and chups or shd I say fesh end cheps, sorry someone had to say it. LOL

And yes, if both had been accepted, I would have got both, that's if the bank had let us.

Cheers and who knows what I'll come back with if I go and buy bred and melk. Sorry someone had to say it.

haha

QB:D

Back