West end IP what we all do

Had huge new years party at home with friends and family, not much comment on West End IP maybe wrong forum, just reading threads on what people do for living etc. more interesting would be debt level for ips, maybe a bit personal but reason i am interested is that i have pulled out of contracts previously after considering debt level. West End ip would see us nudging the 1 mill mark which i find a bit scary at times. I imagine this would be fairly standard for most. I work in coal mine with income at 150k with bonuses and wife a part time P.A for real estate agent earning about 30k. Debt servicability should not be an issue all things been equal, (the perfect world scenario,) and interest rates staying below the double figures. Thank god silly season over, back to normal now.

Gosh, we have bigger loans and a much smaller PAYE income. Once you get over the $1M loan amount, it just doesn't seem to matter as much :D

I would say that kids slow things down, but life is about the journey, so even if your wife was not working, your income is more than double the average and it should be easy to get a few IPs under your belts.

(Assuming you don't have kids, but sorry if my assumption is wrong.)

And I don't think you can go much wrong in West End. It is going ahead in leaps and bounds apparently.

Thanks Wylie,
Yeah we have two kids eldest at uni and we do look forward to the day they are independent, would certainly free up some money. Like your veiw on West End, will sit tight till completion date mid 09. Would like to add something small in the meantime (property wise).
Shane

Like Wylie, we have bigger loans & smaller combined income. We also have 2 teenagers. Don't fret over the large debt. If you have done your due dilligence you should be fine. Can't help with the location you are referring to though, I've never heard of it.

Get used to it. If you want to get rich with property, $1m is just a start.

Just use the normal analysis: LVR, cashflow, etc. Nothing wrong with $1m debt if your LVR is acceptable (your own definition).
Alex

Had huge new years party at home with friends and family, not much comment on West End IP maybe wrong forum, just .
Nothing wrong with West End,the entry price in the bottom line median- upmarket- streets would be in the 600k plus range,depends on the land area,and zoning, anything along the riverfront is anyones guess,we have been investing in this area for over 16 years ,the last we sold was in 04 and that after 16 years returned 15% per year growth over that period,
West End is one of those inner blue chip area's and with what Stockland and several other top end DEV,S are building along the riverfront then"IMHO" the sky's is the limit..willair..

Back