What a great idea!

Wow, it's certainly grown since I last saw it a couple of months ago!

The cool thing is, from a web programming point of view, it's wouldn't be terribly difficult to create, (albeit time consuming), and from a generic point of view, the idea is so simple!

I'm still blown away by it. :)

brilliant idea!

it's a similar scheme to the guy in the America who bought an acre of land and sold off 1 inch plots to people for US$30. That way people could say they owned 'a piece of america'.

e x

emcdonald said:
brilliant idea!

it's a similar scheme to the guy in the America who bought an acre of land and sold off 1 inch plots to people for US$30. That way people could say they owned 'a piece of america'.

e x

That's reminiscent of, about a month ago, a Chinese company, The Beijing Lunar Village Aeronautics Science and Technology Co., had its trading license suspended after trying to sell 1-acre plots of land on the Moon, for 298 yuan.

They weren't as successful as the Million Dollar Homepage, though — they sold 34 plots. :)

I have also been following him for a few months. I admire his ambition and now proven know how! I also like how he rates himself...not as the next Richard Branson...but as the first Alex Tew.

Well Alex Tew has hit the big million dollars.

$999,000 official advertising sold, although has a backlog of nearly another $100,000. Rather then start a new site or expand the current site to handle this backlog, he is selling the last 1,000 pixels on an ebay auction (current bid $6200 - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5652179487&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:UK:31 ) to maintain the integrity of his site, rather then meeting the demand with a greater supply.

Terrific customer focus. :)

I'm a little dense - I don't understand it. I know what the concept is, but why would people be paying for a tiny ad on a website, which will probably not be noticed at all? Wouldn't it be smarter to buy a banner ad?

It's an original concept, and it's been noticed by a lot of media around the world- so it's received a huge number of hits.

There's a bbc article about the page and the attention it has received.

A Google search on milliondollarhomepage has, well, heaps of hits.

Back